The perfect weeknight dinner, this Creamy Vegan Sausage & Pasta Skillet is ready in less than 30 minutes and requires just a few ingredients!
Remember when you were a kid and Hamburger Helper was a dinner you regularly looked forward to? No...just me? Well, this is my much more delicious (and healthy) take on that classic weeknight dinner.
Lately I have been all about the skillet meal - Skillet Lasagna, Potato Hash & Chipotle Lentil Taco Meat (to name a few). There is just something amazing about whipping something up in one skillet and calling it a day. You can literally put the skillet in the center of your dinner table and let everyone have at it.
How to make Creamy Vegan Sausage & Pasta Skillet
This recipe in particular is a super crowd pleaser. Creamy pasta mixed together with vegan sausage...what's not to like?
I used my fave vegan sausage - Beyond Sausage - but you could also use vegan ground beef or another sausage brand. I wouldn't use soyrizo since it doesn't fit the Italian flavor palate we are going for today. But just about anything else would work.
And another way we will get that "beef" flavor into this recipe is to use my favorite beef-less bouillon - Better Than Bouillon. You've heard me talk about this stuff a MILLION times. It is my go-to for so many meals - gravy, soup, pastas. I can't recommend it enough. You can get it at Whole Foods or online here.
Other than that you just need a couple more ingredients to bring this dish together. Serve this with a big green salad (you know, balance) and call it a night. Ready in 30 minutes from start to finish!
Need more recipe inspo? Check these out:
Creamy Vegan Sausage & Pasta Skillet
- 8 oz medium-sized pasta dry
- 2 tablespoon olive oil separated
- 8 oz vegan sausage*
- ½ yellow onion diced
- 2 cloves garlic diced
- 1 tablespoon Italian seasoning
- 2 tablespoon flour
- 2 cups vegan beef broth**
- 1 15-ounce can diced fire roasted tomatoes
- 8 oz vegan cream cheese
- salt, pepper, red pepper flakes to taste
- basil or parsley for topping, optional
- Bring a large pot of water to a boil. Cook pasta according to package instructions.
- While pasta is cooking, heat 1 tablespoon of olive oil in a skillet over medium-high heat. Add sausage to the pan and use the end of a spatula to break apart the sausage. Lower heat to medium and cook until sausage is browned. Transfer sausage to a bowl and set aside.
- Add the remaining tablespoon of olive oil to the skillet followed by the onion. Sauté for a couple of minutes, or until translucent. Add the garlic, Italian seasoning and a pinch of pepper to the skillet and sauté for an additional minute.
- Add the flour to the skillet and whisk into the onion mixture. Allow it to cook off for one minute to remove the raw flour taste.
- Slowly add the beef-less broth and tomatoes to the skillet. Bring mixture to a boil then lower heat and simmer for 5 minutes - or until it is slightly thickened. Whisk in cream cheese until smooth.
- Add drained pasta and sausage to the skillet and stir to combine. Taste and add salt, pepper and red pepper flakes to taste. Top with fresh herbs and serve.
This post may contain affiliate links. If you click on one and make a purchase I will receive a small percentage of the sale. Please know I would never link a product unless I have personally used it and loved it!