This Chipotle Lentil Taco Meat is zesty, vegan and delicious - perfect protein-packed addition to tacos, burritos and bowls.
You guys all know my new love for lentils is very real. Last week I RAVED about my new favorite recipe - Chipotle Lentil Avocado Toast. Be sure to check out that recipe, because I am seriously OBSESSED!
But for today's recipe we are making some adjustments to the ingredients in that original recipe that make it the perfect taco "meat" replacement.
And if you use pre-made lentils (like I did), then this recipe is not only super delicious, it is also SO QUICK!
If you're like me, then you might have given lentils a bad rap in your head. I always thought they were so bland. But that's just because I was eating bland lentils...imagine that?!? If you spice them up the right way, then they seriously taste amazing!
What I used to season these are:
- red onion
- chipotle peppers in adobo
- taco seasoning
- vegan beef broth
That's it. You can add salt & pepper if you want, but I didn't even need to do that. This is so flavorful with just those 4 simple ingredients!
Plus, the texture of lentils is surprisingly similar to traditional taco meat, which makes this a great dupe for both vegans and non-vegans.
This recipe literally takes 15 minutes to put together (again, if you're using pre-made lentils) and makes for the BEST leftovers.
You can serve these in tacos, burritos, bowls or salads - no matter what you put these on, they will taste amazing!
Chipotle Lentil Taco Meat
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- ¼ red onion diced
- 1-2 chipotle peppers in adobo diced
- 1-2 tablespoon adobo sauce from the can
- 2.5 cups cooked lentils
- 1-2 tablespoon taco seasoning
- ¼ cup broth*
- salt & pepper to taste
- Heat olive oil in a pan over medium heat. Add onion and sauté for 2 minutes.
- Add chipotle peppers and adobo sauce to the pan and sauté for an additional 2 minutes.
- Add lentils, taco seasoning and broth to the pan and turn heat to low. Stir to combine everything and allow to cook for 5 minutes.
- Taste and add salt and pepper as needed (I didn't need to add either).
- Serve in tacos, burritos, bowls or salads.
This post may contain affiliate links. If you click on one and make a purchase I will receive a small percentage of the sale. Please know I would never link a product unless I have personally used it and loved it!