This Vegan Sun-Dried Tomato Pesto Pasta with Spring Peas is a quick and easy dinner – ready in less than 30 minutes and filled with bright and fresh flavors.
Guess what guys…I’m still on a pesto kick. I mean, do we really want it to end? I could find a way to put pesto on just about anything.
Today we are switching things up and we’re bringing back an old TSV recipe – Sun-Dried Tomato Pesto. This is a chunky pesto filled with fresh basil, garlic and of course, sun-dried tomatoes.
Rather than add oil to this, we are just going to use sun-dried tomatoes that are packed in oil. Dump the whole thing in and you are good to go.
To brighten this up even more, I also added fresh spring peas to the mix. You can use frozen, but if you can find fresh, do that.
You could do lots of additions to this dish – stir in some spinach or arugula right before serving or add some vegan sausage or chicken. I’ve also been known to add a dollop of hummus to my leftovers to make it nice and creamy.
Skys the limit people!
More of a visual person? Check out the video:
Vegan Sun-Dried Tomato Pesto Pasta with Spring Peas
- Sun-Dried Tomato Pesto*
- 1 lb bow tie pasta or pasta of choice
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 shallot diced
- red pepper flakes to taste
- 1 cup spring peas fresh or frozen
- fresh basil for topping
- Prepare Sun-Dried Tomato Pesto according to the instructions.* Store in the fridge until ready to use.
- Bring a large pot of water to a boil. Add pasta and cook according to package instructions. Reserve 1 cup of pasta water before draining.
- Heat olive oil over medium heat. Add shallot and sauté for 2 minutes, or until translucent. Add red pepper flakes and peas to the pan and sauté for an additional minute.**
- Pour cooked pasta and pesto into the pan and toss everything until coated evenly. Add pasta water as needed.
- Top pasta with fresh basil and additional red pepper flakes.
- Serve and enjoy.***
This post may contain affiliate links. If you click on one and make a purchase I will receive a small percentage of the sale. Please know I would never link a product unless I have personally used it and loved it!