This Creamy White Wine Vegan Gnocchi is a rich and simple meal that will have you coming back for more. Ready in just 20 minutes!
I know everyone is on a healthy kick this time of year, but a rich, decadent and saucy dinner was calling my name and I just had to share it with you.
Creamy White Wine Vegan Gnocchi.
Let’s just let that settle in for a second.
A creamy white wine sauce paired with fresh gnocchi. We’re basically talking heaven.
I am a serious fan of gnocchi.
I mean how can you go wrong with little potato dumplings?
TSV TIP: Many brands of gnocchi are vegan by nature, but if you are having trouble finding one, you can find one here and here.
Now for this creamy white wine sauce we’re making you are obviously going to need some white wine.
Finding vegan white wine can be a little bit of a struggle. BUT, luckily there is a handy dandy website that will tell you exactly which brands are vegan friendly.
And I swear this recipe makes finding a white wine worth your while.
Now, if you don’t like the flavor of white wine, you could omit it or add additional broth.
BUT, I highly recommend you keep the wine. It makes the sauce unique and super delicious.
The other “vegan” parts of this sauce are the butter, the parmesan and the “chicken” bouillon.
I’ve tried other brands and these are my ultimate go-to’s.
TSV TIP: If you use other brands, note that the salt level will vary. Be sure to taste as you go, and don’t add any additional salt until the end.
This is a perfect weeknight meal since it only takes 20 minutes, but would also be great for a date night or even Valentine’s Day 🙂
Creamy White Wine Vegan Gnocchi
- 16 oz package gnocchi
- 2 tbsp vegan butter
- 4 cloves garlic diced
- 4-8 oz white wine
- 12 oz non-dairy milk unsweetened
- 1 tsp Better Than Bouillon No Chicken Base*
- 1/4 cup vegan parmesan plus more for topping
- 2 tbsp flour
- salt & pepper to taste
- fresh basil for topping
- Bring a pot of water to a boil. Add gnocchi and cook according to package instructions. Drain and set aside.
- Melt butter in a pan over medium heat. Add garlic and saute for 30 seconds.
- Pour wine in the pan and allow to cook down for 5 minutes, stirring regularly.**
- Add milk, Better Than Bouillon, vegan parmesan and flour to the pan and whisk constantly until smooth and bubbly.
- Taste and add salt & pepper to taste.
- Add gnocchi to the pan and stir to combine.
- Serve with fresh basil and more parmesan.
This post may contain affiliate links. If you click on one and make a purchase I will receive a small percentage of the sale. Please know I would never link a product unless I have personally used it and loved it!