Flavored from the inside out and perfectly crispy, this really is The Best Baked Buffalo Cauliflower out there. Served with vegan ranch!
The time has finally come for me to share my recipe for The BEST Baked Buffalo Cauliflower. Yes...the BEST! I'll explain why in just a minute, but let's take a minute to bask in all of this beauty...
Ok, now that we all know how pretty these little guys are, let's talk about what makes them taste so good.
So, not to hate on other buffalo cauliflower recipes, but a problem I always experience with other recipes (and at restaurants) is that the outside is always super flavorful, but the inside is usually super bland and not exciting.
My recipe uses a 2-step seasoning process that eliminates this issue.
How to make The Best Baked Buffalo Cauliflower
The first step is a light coating of buffalo sauce and seasoning. Once the cauliflower is baked in this coating for 15 minutes, you will give it a second layer of flavor with the actual "breading".
The breading is just made up of more buffalo sauce, water and flour. This is what will make the outside nice and crispy.
Once the cauliflower has received this second layer and baked for an additional 20-30 minutes you are going to have the most delicious, crispy, amazing buffalo cauliflower on your hands.
And since we did that 2-step process, it is not only going to be tasty on the outside, but the inside will be bomb as well!
Some tips for making The Best Baked Buffalo Cauliflower:
- I only use Frank's Buffalo Sauce (the original one). You can get this at the grocery store or online here. Feel free to try other brands, but this is my go-to.
- If you are sensitive to heat I would swap out some of the buffalo sauce in the second layer for additional water. Your batter will still have the right consistency, but it won't be as spicy.
- I always serve my buffalo cauliflower with vegan ranch. I know, I know, blue cheese is traditional, but I am a ranch girl through and through. P.S. Be on the lookout for a new tahini ranch recipe coming at you tomorrow.
- You could easily use this cauliflower in my Buffalo Cauliflower Taco recipe for a new take on a classic.
And that's it. Making delicious buffalo cauliflower at home is possible and if you're like me, will end up on your weekly rotation.
Need more recipe inspo? Check these out:
The Best Baked Buffalo Cauliflower
- 1 head cauliflower cut into florets
- 1 cup buffalo sauce separated
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp smoked paprika
- ½ cup flour
- ½ cup water*
- vegan ranch for serving
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Add a ½ cup of buffalo sauce to a bowl with garlic powder, paprika and a pinch of pepper. Stir to combine. Add cauliflower to the bowl and toss to coat evenly.
- Transfer the cauliflower to the baking sheet and spread it out. Bake for 15 minutes.
- While the cauliflower is baking, prepare the second layer of batter. Add the remaining buffalo sauce, flour and water to a bowl and stir until smooth.
- Remove the cauliflower from the oven and carefully slide the parchment paper and cauliflower off of the baking sheet. Line the baking sheet with a fresh piece of parchment paper.
- Working with one piece of cauliflower at a time, dip it into the batter, allowing the excess to drip off into the bowl. Place it on the baking sheet and repeat with remaining cauliflower.***
- Place the cauliflower in the oven and bake for 20 minutes. Use a fork to carefully flip each piece and bake for an additional 10-15 minutes. Remove from the oven.
- Serve with vegan ranch.
This post may contain affiliate links. If you click on one and make a purchase I will receive a small percentage of the sale. Please know I would never link a product unless I have personally used it and loved it!