This Black Bean Brown Rice Vegan Taco Skillet is a super easy dinner or make ahead lunch - serve in a bowl, over a salad or in taco shells.
If you follow me on Instagram, then you saw my post a couple weeks ago when I made this vegan taco skillet and asked if you all wanted an official recipe on TSV. The answer was a resounding "YES".
Well the people spoke, and I have answered...the recipe is here.
How to serve this Black Bean Brown Rice Vegan Taco Skillet
This is that dinner you will want to make on a regular basis. It takes 30 minutes and you can serve it so many different ways. In tacos, burritos, bowls or salads.
You could also leave it in the skillet, load it up with avocado, cilantro & limes and serve this at a party with a side of chips!
Need a tasty sauce to serve this with? How about my Jalapeño Cilantro Sauce?
Need more recipe inspo? Check these out:
Black Bean Brown Rice Vegan Taco Skillet
- 2 tablespoon olive oil
- ½ large red onion or 1 small onion, diced
- 1 bell pepper any color, diced
- 1 jalapeño chopped, optional
- 1 packet taco seasoning
- 1 chipotle pepper in adobo sauce chopped
- 1 tablespoon chipotle pepper adobo sauce from the can
- ¼-1/2 cup salsa to taste
- 1 15-ounce can black beans drained, but not rinsed
- 1.5 cups brown rice cooked
- cilantro, limes, avocado for topping
- Heat olive oil in a skillet over medium-high heat. Add red onion, bell pepper, jalapeño and taco seasoning to the skillet and lower heat to medium. Sauté, stirring regularly until veggies have softened (approx. 5-7 minutes).
- Add chipotle pepper, adobo sauce, salsa, black beans and brown rice to the skillet and stir to combine. Allow everything to continue to cook for an additional 5 minutes.
- Serve in tacos, burritos, bowls or salads topped with cilantro, limes and avocado.
This post may contain affiliate links. If you click on one and make a purchase I will receive a small percentage of the sale. Please know I would never link a product unless I have personally used it and loved it!