These White Bean, Rice & Kale Vegan Burritos are the perfect meal on the go. Packed full of marinated kale, hot white rice and beans mixed with Creamy Dreamy Green Sauce. Both healthy and delicious!
I'm on a mission.
I want all of my kale opposed readers to see kale in a whole new light. Because I was once like you. I thought kale was something I could never integrate into my diet except when blended up in a smoothie.
But over time, I have made the switch. I'm a full blown kale lover. And you will be too!
Last week I shared my favorite salad - Falafel Kale Salad with the Best Tahini Dressing. This salad got me on the kale train, and now I can't get off.
In the recipe I talked with you about how to marinate your kale and get it nice and soft and super tasty. And this recipe is no different. Before teaming up with the rest of the ingredients, our kale is going to get a lemon massage.
Yep, get those fingers ready to get intimate with your kale.
The lemon massage will soften up your kale and will also give it a "zing" that will compliment the rest of the flavors going on in this burrito.
And what are the rest of those ingredients? Well...
white rice (or brown if you prefer)
jalapeños (you didn't think I would leave out the spice did you...this is obviously optional)
Now that last one is the real star of the show. Because what is a good burrito without the perfect sauce? Typically burritos are paired with a hot sauce, but I decided to keep this one cool and fresh with the best avocado/cilantro/chimicurri-ish sauce EVER.
To get that saucy flavor throughout the whole burrito, you are going to heat up your beans with it. And if you are like me (and like extra saucy things) you can serve some on the side as well.
Wrap everything up in a huge tortilla and call it a day.
This is a great way to get your burrito fix while still sneaking some healthy tidbits in.
More of a visual person? Check out the video:
White Bean, Rice & Kale Vegan Burritos
- 2 cups kale chopped
- 1 lemon juiced
- Creamy Dreamy Green Sauce*
- 15 oz can white beans drained and rinsed
- 1-2 cups leftover cooked white rice** rewarmed
- 4 large flour tortillas or wraps of choice
- ½ red onion thinly sliced
- 1 jalapeño chopped (optional)
- Place kale in a bowl and top with lemon juice. Massage kale for 60 seconds and then set aside for 10 minutes.
- Prepare Creamy Dreamy Green Sauce according to instructions.
- Add beans and ¼ cup Creamy Dreamy Green Sauce to a pan and place on the stove over low heat. Stir to combine and cook until heated through.
- Heat your tortillas in a pan or the microwave until warm, but not crispy.
- Divide warm rice, beans, kale, red onions and jalapeño between each tortilla. Fold in the sides and wrap up each tortilla. Serve with remaining Creamy Dreamy Green Sauce.
This post may contain affiliate links. If you click on one and make a purchase I will receive a small percentage of the sale. Please know I would never link a product unless I have personally used it and loved it!