This Vegan Soyrizo Pasta is packed full of chopped veggies, soyrizo and greens. The perfect weeknight dinner - ready in less than 30 minutes!
I've been hitting you will all kinds of salads and salad toppers and salad dressings in the past couple weeks. And while I have personally been a little salad obsessed, I thought it was about time for a tasty pasta recipe.
And this pasta recipe requires less than 30 minutes of your time and just a few ingredients.
and of course...pasta
If you've never worked with soyrizo before it is a spicy sausage substitute that is totally vegan friendly. It crumbles & browns really well and adds the perfect amount of spice to this dish.
It's not over the top spicy, so don't be deterred if you aren't overly thrilled about spicy food.
TSV TIP: I get my soyrizo from Trader Joe's, but you can find other brands at the grocery store.
To give this a more "meaty" flavor I used vegan beef bouillon. Yes, "vegan" and "beef" are both in the title. I have shared this with you many times, but if you haven't used it before, I 100% recommend it. You can either add water to it and make it a broth, or use it like I did in this recipe and just add the paste straight to the pan.
It does add salt, so be sure to taste your dish before adding any additional salt.
The rest of this dish is super simple. Sauté some veggies with canned tomatoes and some fresh greens then toss it all together with the soyrizo and pasta. Loosen it up with a little bit of pasta water and season it to taste. You'll have a quick, easy dinner on your hands in less than no time.
This dish is already loaded with tons of veggies so I would serve this on its own. But if you need even more greens in your life, serve this with an easy side salad and call it a night.
This also makes GREAT leftovers. You could easily meal prep this on Sunday and have lunch for the whole week.
Vegan Soyrizo Pasta
- 8 oz dry pasta I used a whole wheat fusilli
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 red bell pepper diced
- 1 green bell pepper diced
- ½ yellow onion diced
- 1 teaspoon oregano
- salt & pepper to taste
- 1 jalapeño diced (optional)
- 15 oz can fire-roasted tomatoes
- 1 teaspoon vegan beef bouillon*
- 1 handful kale leaves chopped and stems removed (can be swapped for spinach)
- 8 oz soyrizo
- cilantro for topping (optional)
- Bring a large pot of water to a boil. Add pasta and cook according to package instructions. Reserve 1 cup of pasta water before draining.
- While pasta is cooking, heat olive oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add bell pepper & onion and season with oregano & pepper. Sauté for 3-5 minutes.
- Lower heat to medium and add jalapeño, tomatoes, bouillon and kale. Stir to combine and sauté for an additional 5 minutes, stirring frequently.
- Push the veggies to one side and add soyrizo to the empty side of the skillet. Cook for 3 minutes, or until browned. Stir to combine veggies and soyrizo.
- Add the drained pasta to the pan along with ¼ cup of the pasta water. Stir to combine. Add additional pasta water if needed. Taste and adjust seasoning as needed.**
- Remove the skillet from the heat and top with chopped cilantro. Serve and enjoy.***
This post may contain affiliate links. If you click on one and make a purchase I will receive a small percentage of the sale. Please know I would never link a product unless I have personally used it and loved it!