This Falafel Kale Salad with The Best Tahini Dressing is going to be your new go-to meal. Filled with healthy veggies, great flavors and a creamy oil-free dressing that is delish!
The day has FINALLY come!
I have been sharing photos of this recipe for weeks now on Instagram. And the comments keep rolling in..."Recipe, please!".
I've spent the last few posts building up to this recipe. Earlier this week I shared my recipe for the Best Tahini Dressing and yesterday I shared my recipe for the crispiest falafel. With just a few more steps, we'll combine everything together to make one of the tastiest salads I've had in a long time.
Just in time for summer, too!
Let's first talk about the base of this salad...KALE.
Kale to me had the same bad rap that cauliflower did for the longest time. The trick with both of these veggies (that people don't always tell you) is that you have to cook them RIGHT in order for them to taste GOOD.
Simple concept, but until you know how, it is hard to get on board.
For kale, there are two things you need to do:
- Remove the thick stems (there will still be some even if you buy pre-cut bags) and dice the kale small.
- Marinate your kale!
Simple enough, right?
To marinate your kale you are going to use lemon juice. This will start the process of softening the kale and give it an extra layer of freshness. After you add the lemon juice massage the kale for about 60 seconds (it sounds weird, but stay with me here).
Once you give it a good massage, put it in the fridge to marinate for at least 30 minutes.
TSV TIP: A big reason I love kale so much is because you can meal prep salads days in advance and it won't get soggy. Kale is so sturdy (unlike romaine or spinach) that it will hold its shape even after you marinate it in lemon juice.
Guys, this salad is so freaking good. I've been making it for weeks now and can't get enough. You can also swap the falafel for a different protein. A veggie burger, vegan meatballs or roasted veggies also work great.
Want to see how to make the falafel? Check out the video:
Falafel Kale Salad with The Best Tahini Dressing
- 4-6 cups kale cut in bite-sized pieces and stems removed
- 1-2 lemons juiced
- 1 recipe Simple Crispy Vegan Falafel 12 balls
- 1 recipe The Best Tahini Dressing
- ½ red onion thinly sliced
- 15 oz can white beans drained and rinsed
- 1 jalapeño finely chopped (optional)
- 2 slices pita bread cut in square
- Place the kale in a large bowl and drizzle with lemon juice. You may need to use more than one lemon depending on how how juicy your lemons are. Massage your kale for 60 seconds - incorporating the lemon juice into the kale. Place in the fridge until ready to use.
- Prepare Tahini Dressing according to instructions and place in the fridge until ready to use.
- Prepare the Simple Crispy Vegan Falafel according to instructions.
- Assemble salads: Divide kale between four bowls. Top each bowl with 3 falafel balls, red onion, white beans, jalapeño (if using) and pita slices. Drizzle dressing over each bowl. Serve and enjoy.
This post may contain affiliate links. If you click on one and make a purchase I will receive a small percentage of the sale. Please know I would never link a product unless I have personally used it and loved it!