This Vegan Roasted Cauliflower Buffalo Pizza is the perfect balance of spiciness and creaminess with…
These Roasted Cauliflower Burrito Bowls are loaded with cilantro lime rice, black beans, smoky cauliflower and a chipotle yogurt sauce.
There is nothing like crispy cauliflower over a bowl of rice and beans with a tasty sauce. It is one of those combos that never gets old and can be switched up by using different toppings. These bowls are healthy and delicious – aka the perfect meal!
How to make the roasted cauliflower
To make the roasted cauliflower, cut the cauliflower into florets and add it to a baking sheet. Toss the cauliflower with olive oil, smoked paprika, cumin, garlic powder, salt & pepper. Roast it for 25 minutes, flipping halfway.
This cauliflower is perfectly charred and has the right amount of smoky flavor from the smoked paprika. While the cauliflower is cooking, get everything else ready.
What’s in these Roasted Cauliflower Burrito Bowls
The other main components of these bowls are the beans, cilantro lime rice & chipotle yogurt sauce. The rice is super quick. Just add some dry rice and broth to a pot. Bring to a boil, then cover and simmer until the liquid is absorbed. Right before serving add some cilantro and lime juice and fluff with a fork.
The beans are a super quick way to make refried beans. Add a can of black beans to a pot with water and taco seasoning. After some of the water has boiled off, use a wooden spoon to give the beans a slight mash. Turn the heat to low and simmer until you are ready to eat.
The last thing to put together is the chipotle yogurt sauce. Grab your favorite vegan yogurt (or vegan mayo) and add chipotle peppers to taste, some adobo sauce, garlic powder, onion powder, lime juice & salt. Give it a stir and adjust the seasonings as needed. You can use this sauce for these bowls, tacos, nachos…anything!
How to serve Roasted Cauliflower Burrito Bowls
Now that you have the base of the bowl ingredients done, let’s talk about toppings. You have lots of options when it comes to toppings. I went for pickled onions, avocado, lime wedges and cilantro.
Some other options I was thinking about were tortilla chips, pickled jalapeños, pico or corn salsa.
Need more recipe inspo? Check these out:
Roasted Cauliflower Burrito Bowls
FOR THE CAULIFLOWER
- 1 head cauliflower cut in florets
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 2 tsp smoked paprika
- 1 tsp cumin
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1/4 tsp salt & pepper
FOR THE RICE
- 1 cup white rice
- 2 cups broth
- 2 tbsp cilantro chopped
- 1/2 lime juiced
FOR THE BEANS
- 1 15-ounce can black beans drained and rinsed
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/2 tbsp taco seasoning
FOR THE CHIPOTLE SAUCE
- 1 cup plain vegan yogurt or vegan mayo
- 1-2 chipotle peppers in adobo diced, to taste
- 1 tsp adobo sauce from the chipotle can
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp onion powder
- 1/2 lime juiced
- salt to taste
- pickled onions**
- 1 avocado sliced
- lime wedges
- Preheat the oven to 425 degrees. Add the cauliflower to a baking sheet and toss with the rest of the cauliflower ingredients. Place in the oven and bake for 25 minutes, flipping halfway.
- Add the rice and broth to a pot. Bring to a boil, then lower heat and simmer until all of the liquid has been absorbed. Before serving, add the cilantro and lime juice to the rice and fluff with a fork.
- Add all of the bean ingredients to a pot. Bring to a boil, then lower the heat. Let some of the water evaporate, then use the back of a wooden spoon to slightly mash the beans. Leave on low heat until ready to serve.
- Combine all of the chipotle sauce ingredients in a bowl and stir to combine. Taste and adjust seasoning as needed. Set aside.
- To assemble, add rice to each bowl and top with beans, cauliflower, chipotle sauce and any other toppings you would like to use.
This post may contain affiliate links. If you click on one and make a purchase I will receive a small percentage of the sale. Please know I would never link a product unless I have personally used it and loved it!