The perfect spicy sauce for tacos, burritos or salads - this Creamy Vegan Chipotle Sauce takes 5 minutes and requires just 7 ingredients.
What's in Creamy Vegan Chipotle Sauce
Are you ready for sauce heaven?
This Creamy Vegan Chipotle Sauce is everything you need in life. It is spicy, flavor-packed and super duper easy to make.
And did I mention you only need 7 ingredients?
Today we're working with chipotles in adobo sauce, garlic, jalapenos, salsa, red onion, lime juice and vegan mayo.
How to make Creamy Vegan Chipotle Sauce
You can adjust the amount of each of these ingredients depending on your spice comfort level. If you want this to be less spicy, omit the jalapeno and use a mild salsa.
Want it hot, hot, hot? Keep the jalapeno (including the seeds & ribs) and use a hot salsa. If you want to make this more aioli-like, double the mayo.
This sauce can really be tailored to whatever you want it to be. Just taste as you go and don't be afraid to adjust the amount of ingredients based on your personal taste. Serve this in tacos, burritos or salads.
And be sure to check back later this week when I will be sharing possibly the best pizza recipe I have ever made that this sauce is a HUGE part of.
Need more recipe inspo? Check these out:
Creamy Vegan Chipotle Sauce
- 3 oz chipotles in adobo sauce
- 1 small jalapeños roughly chopped
- 2 garlic cloves peeled
- ½ cup chunky salsa
- ¼ red onion roughly chopped
- ½ lime juiced
- ¼ cup vegan mayo or more to taste
- water as needed
- Combine all of the ingredients in a blender or food processor. Blend on high, adding water as needed until desired consistency is reached (I used ¼ cup of water).
- Use on tacos, over salads, or in burritos. Store in an airtight container in the fridge for 5-7 days.
This post may contain affiliate links. If you click on one and make a purchase I will receive a small percentage of the sale. Please know I would never link a product unless I have personally used it and loved it!