The perfect addition to tacos, nachos or enchiladas - this Vegan Jalapeño Cream Sauce is packed full of flavor and heat.
If you have been following TSV for a while, then this Vegan Jalapeño Cream Sauce is nothing new to you.
I had such a great response about the sauce itself, that I felt it was necessary to give it some spotlight on its own.
How to make Vegan Jalapeño Cream Sauce
What makes this sauce great is its simplicity, versatility and most importantly, the amazing flavor combo.
AND it doesn't require soaking cashews - I don't know about you, but getting a break from cashew-based sauces is always nice.
Instead, the creamy base of this recipe comes from vegan cream cheese.
My favorite brands of vegan cream cheese is from Trader Joe's or Kite Hill.
This sauce does pack a bunch, so if you want to tone down the spice a bit, I would remove the ribs and seeds from the jalapeño.
I personally LOVE spice, so I like to keep the jalapeño intact.
Need more recipe inspo? Check these out:
Vegan Jalapeño Cream Sauce
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- ¼ red onion roughly chopped
- 2 cloves garlic roughly chopped
- 1 ½ teaspoon cumin
- salt & pepper to taste
- 1 jalapeño roughly chopped
- 8 oz vegan cream cheese
- ½ bunch cilantro
- ¼-1/2 cup water
- Place a pan on the stove over medium heat. Add olive oil, onion, garlic, cumin, salt and pepper. Sauté until onions begins to soften (approx. 5-7 minutes), stirring regularly.
- Add jalapeño and cream cheese to the pan and sauté for an additional 1-2 minutes, or until cream cheese is softened and everything is combined.
- Place the contents of the pan in a blender with cilantro and ¼ cup of water. Pulse until combined. Add additional water if needed and taste to adjust seasoning.
- Place in an airtight container and keep in the fridge until ready to use. Will last 5-7 days.