In need of the perfect appetizer? This White Bean Crostini with Pesto is savory and…
This White Bean Dip with Herbs is full of fresh garlic, thyme and rosemary and has a smooth and creamy texture. Serve hot or cold.
I am all about a good dip. Give me hummus, salsa or guacamole any time of day and I am a happy girl.
Ya, I’m looking at you Avocado Hummus Toast.
And I am happy to report there is another type of dip we can add to the delicious list – White Bean Dip with Herbs. This dip is full of fresh garlic, thyme and rosemary and has the creamiest texture. It tastes rich without adding a ridiculous amount of oil.
The key to the deep flavor in this dip is sautéing the garlic and herbs before mixing them in with the rest of the ingredients. This releases the fragrant flavors and infuses them with the oil. And who doesn’t want their house to smell like garlic and herbs???
Serve this dip hot over toasted baguette slices or cold with fresh veggies and pita bread. You can’t go wrong either way.
White Bean Dip with Herbs
- 1/4 cup olive oil + additional for topping
- 3 large garlic cloves diced
- 1 tbsp. fresh thyme finely chopped
- 1 tbsp. fresh rosemary finely chopped
- 2 cans cannellini beans drained and rinsed
- 2 tbsp. red wine vinegar
- salt and pepper to taste
- Optional toppings: pine nuts, fresh thyme, red pepper flakes
- Heat olive oil in a pan over medium heat. Add garlic, thyme and rosemary and sauté for 2-3 minutes, or until garlic is fragrant and begins to soften.
- Add beans, olive oil and herbs, red wine vinegar and salt & pepper to a food processor. Blend on high until dip is smooth and creamy. Taste to adjust salt and pepper if needed.
- IF SERVING WARM: Pour dip into a bowl and top with a drizzle of olive oil and any additional optional toppings. Serve with toasted baguette slices.
- IF SERVING COLD: Pour dip into a bowl, cover and place in the fridge for at least an hour. Remove from the fridge when ready to use and top with a drizzle of olive oil and any additional optional toppings. Serve with fresh veggies and pita bread.