These Quinoa Stuffed Peppers with Vegan Jalapeño Cream Sauce are healthy and satisfying. Perfect meal prep lunch or dinner!
Get ready for some meal prep heaven with these stuffed peppers. Not only are these healthy, they are packed full of flavor and spice - there's nothing boring about these. I promise.
The star of the show is the Jalapeno Cream Sauce. You've seen it before in my Black Bean Green Chili Enchiladas. And since all of you seemed to love it as much as I did, I knew I had to bring it back. And these stuffed peppers seemed like the perfect way to do that.
Aside from the tasty sauce, we've got beans, corn, spicy rotel tomatoes and of course...quinoa. A healthy and filling combo.
I love making these on a Sunday. One batch will last you the whole week. Pop one in the oven or microwave when you are ready to eat and you'll have lunch or dinner on the table in less than a minute.
More of a visual person? Check out the video here:
Quinoa Stuffed Peppers with Vegan Jalapeño Cream Sauce
FOR THE JALAPEÑO CREAM SAUCE
- 1 tbsp. olive oil
- ¼ red onion roughly chopped
- 2 cloves garlic roughly chopped
- 1.5 tsp. cumin
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1 jalapeño roughly chopped
- 8 oz. vegan cream cheese
- ½ bunch cilantro
- ¼ - ½ cup water
FOR THE STUFFED PEPPERS
- 3 large bell peppers cut in half and deseeded
- ½ cup jalapeño cream sauce + more for topping
- 1 can black beans drained and rinsed
- 1 cup quinoa cooked
- ½ cup frozen corn
- 1 can rotel tomatoes and green chilies
- FOR THE JALAPEÑO CREAM SAUCE: Place a pan on the stove over medium heat. Add olive oil, onion, garlic, cumin, salt and pepper. Saute until onions begins to soften (approx. 5-7 minutes), stirring regularly. Add jalapeño and cream cheese to the pan and saute for an additional 1-2 minutes, or until cream cheese is softened and everything is combined. Add the contents of the pan to a blender with cilantro and ¼ cup of water. Pulse until combined. Add additional water if needed and taste to adjust seasoning. Pour into a bowl and place in the fridge until ready to use.
- FOR THE PEPPERS: Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Pour a couple tablespoons of water into the bottom of a baking dish. Add all of the ingredients (except for the peppers) into a large bowl and stir to combine. Taste filling and adjust seasoning as needed. Fill each pepper with filling mixture and place in the baking dish. Cover with foil and cook for 30-40 minutes, or until peppers are tender. Remove from the oven and top with jalapeño cream sauce and cilantro. Enjoy!
If you make this recipe be sure to snap a photo + post it + and tag #thissavoryvegan and @thissavoryvegan!