Spice up your next lunch with these Vegan Buffalo Cauliflower Quesadillas. A creamy, spicy combo of marinated cauliflower, vegan ranch and buffalo sauce.
I love some spicy buffalo sauce in my life.
And after posting the recipe for my Roasted Cauliflower Buffalo Pizza I realized that all of you love it too!
It continues to be one of my most popular recipes.
Since then, I have also posted a recipe for my Buffalo Cauliflower Tacos.
And again, you guys LOVED them.
I'm glad to know I'm not the only one who loves buffalo cauliflower.
So, I went back to the drawing board to figure out another way to use it in a new and exciting way.
And that is how these Vegan Buffalo Cauliflower Quesadillas were born.
We're sticking with the traditional cauliflower recipe - why fix something that isn't broken?
How to serve Vegan Buffalo Cauliflower Quesadillas
And we're "cheesing" these up with an avocado/cream cheese combo that is going to act as the glue inside the tortilla.
After these are grilled up, they are served with vegan ranch (and maybe a little more buffalo sauce if you're addicted to that stuff like me).
The ranch will tame the spice and just makes the whole thing tastier.
One thing I will say is that you want to eat these immediately. With all the sauce going on, you want to eat them up before the tortilla loses it's crispy crust.
Need more recipe inspo? Check these out:
Vegan Buffalo Cauliflower Quesadillas
- ½ head cauliflower cut in bite-sized pieces
- 4 teaspoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- ½ cup buffalo sauce separated
- pepper to taste
- ¼ red onion sliced
- ½ avocado
- 2 tablespoon vegan cream cheese*
- salt to taste
- 2 large tortillas
- ¼ cup cilantro chopped (to taste)
- vegan ranch for dipping
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a large bowl combine cauliflower, olive oil, garlic powder, chili powder, pepper and ¼ cup of buffalo sauce. Stir to combine. Spread evenly on baking sheet and cook for 20 minutes, flipping halfway. Increase heat to broil and cook for an additional 5 minutes, or until cauliflower begins to brown. Remove from the oven. Place cauliflower back in a bowl. Add remaining buffalo sauce and stir to combine.
- While cauliflower is cooking, combine avocado, cream cheese and a pinch of salt in a small bowl. Set aside.
- Heat a pan over medium high heat and spray with non-stick spray.
- Spread desired amount of avocado mixture on half of a tortilla. Top with half of the cauliflower mixture, red onion slices and cilantro. Close the tortilla and place in pan. Cook until browned on both sides - approx. 2-3 minutes per side.
- Remove from the pan and repeat with remaining ingredients.
- Serve with vegan ranch, additional cilantro & buffalo sauce.
This post may contain affiliate links. If you click on one and make a purchase I will receive a small percentage of the sale. Please know I would never link a product unless I have personally used it and loved it!