This Vegan Sun-Dried Tomato Pesto is a simple and savory sauce that can be used…
This Creamy Vegan Sun-Dried Tomato Pesto Gnocchi is a flavor explosion with fresh basil, marinated tomatoes and garlic. Ready in just 20 minutes!
Last week I showed you a super simple and delicious Sun-Dried Tomato Pesto recipe.
And you didn’t think I would leave you hanging without a yummy recipe to use it in, did you?
Well have no fear, we’re cooking up something tasty today.
Rather than going the traditional pesto pasta route, I decided to switch it up with pillowy, delicious gnocchi.
If you have never had gnocchi before, then stop what you are doing and go get some immediately!
You don’t know what you’re missing out on.
These little guys are simple potato dumplings that are seriously comforting and filling.
And I cannot get enough of them – especially as we enter fall and cold weather calls for comforting & warm meals.
In addition to the gnocchi, we’re making this extra comforting by transforming the fresh pesto into a creamy delicious sauce.
Just a couple extra ingredients take this sauce from great to out of this world.
And did I mention this all comes together in just 20 minutes!
This is sure to be one of your new favorite weeknight meals.
Vegan Sun-Dried Tomato Pesto Gnocchi
- 2 tbsp sun-dried tomato pesto
- 1 package gnocchi (16 oz)
- 1 tsp corn starch
- 3/4 cup + 2 tsp plain, unsweetened non-dairy milk separated
- 1 tbsp vegan butter
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 3 cloves garlic diced
- salt & pepper to taste
- fresh basil, vegan parmesan for topping (optional)
- Prepare Sun-Dried Tomato Pesto according to recipe. Set aside.
- Bring a large pot of water to a boil. Cook gnocchi according to package instructions. Drain and set aside.
- While water is coming to a boil, place a pan on the stove over medium heat. Add butter, olive oil and garlic to the pan. Saute until butter is melted and garlic is fragrant.
- Combine corn starch and 2 tsp. of milk in a small bowl and whisk until smooth.
- Add remaining almond milk, corn starch mixture and pesto to the pan. Stir until sauce begins to thicken. Turn heat off.
- Add cooked gnocchi, salt and pepper to the pan and stir to combine. Taste and adjust seasoning as needed.
- Serve with fresh basil and vegan parmesan on top.
This post may contain affiliate links. If you click on one and make a purchase I will receive a small percentage of the sale. Please know I would never link a product unless I have personally used it and loved it!