These Simple Sesame Ginger Soba Noodles are the perfect vegan one pot meal for busy weeknights. Ready in just 10 minutes!
Quick dinners are my jam. I mean, I think they're everyone's jam.
Who doesn't like having dinner on the table in 10 minutes?
And these Sesame Ginger Soba Noodles are the start to a super simple, delicious and tasty dinner.
Soba noodles are a great change from traditional pasta. They have a hearty flavor and texture that absorbs the flavor of any sauce you cook them with.
You can find them in the Asian section at your grocery store, or get them online here.
For a light meal, eat these on their own. Or bulk them up with some steamed veggies and tofu for a more substantial meal.
These are great hot or cold. I personally like to eat them hot the first time around and eat the leftovers cold.
Simple Sesame Ginger Soba Noodles
- 8 oz package soba noodles
- ¼ cup soy sauce (or tamari)
- 2 tbsp sesame oil
- 1 tbsp sriracha
- 1 tbsp rice wine vinegar
- ½ tbsp agave
- 2 tbsp toasted sesame seeds (plus more for topping)
- 2 cloves garlic diced
- ¼ tsp ground ginger
- 3 green onions diced and separated
- red pepper flakes to taste (optional)
- Bring a pot of water to a boil. Cook soba noodles according to package instructions (mine required 4 minutes of cooking time).
- While the noodles are cooking, prepare the sauce. Combine soy sauce, sesame oil, sriracha, rice wine vinegar, agave, toasted sesame seeds, garlic, ground ginger and half of the green onions to a bowl. Whisk together and set aside.
- Turn off heat and drain noodles. If making this a hot dish, place empty pot back on the stovetop and combine sauce and noodles together. Stir until combined.
- If making this a cold dish, after draining noodles, rinse them with cold water. Place in a large bowl and combine with sauce. Stir until combined.
- Serve noodles with green onion, additional sesame seeds and red chili flakes.
This post may contain affiliate links. If you click on one and make a purchase I will receive a small percentage of the sale. Please know I would never link a product unless I have personally used it and loved it!