These Vegan BBQ Beef Bowls are the perfect weeknight dinner. Vegan beef crumbles, rice and all the veggies topped with a dairy-free yogurt ranch!
These Vegan BBQ Beef Bowls are super simple to make and don't skimp on the sauces. The beef crumbles are cooked until crispy and then simmered in BBQ sauce. The vegan yogurt ranch is super healthy and tastes like the real deal. The beef crumbles are layered over rice & romaine, then topped with alllll the veggies.
How to Make the Vegan BBQ Beef
The best part about this recipe is how simple it is! The vegan beef is the star of the show and it takes less than 10 minutes to make. Start out by cooking down some red onion in oil until tender. Add in the vegan beef crumbles and cook for another 5 minutes, making sure that it is getting nice and browned.
Pour in the BBQ sauce and some water and simmer until you are ready to eat. The beef crumbles should absorb a lot of the BBQ sauce.
How to Make Vegan Yogurt Ranch
This Vegan Yogurt Ranch is EVERYTHING! I am so obsessed with it. It is super low-cal and tastes just like my favorite ranch recipe. Just be sure to pick a non-dairy yogurt that isn't too sweet. I think almond-based is better. The coconut yogurts can give off too much coconut flavor and ruin the whole thing.
To a bowl, combine the yogurt, dry spices and apple cider vinegar. You can thin it out with non-dairy milk, or leave it on the thick side.
And of course, I had to make this ranch a little special. I added in some serrano peppers and cilantro. Not necessary, but gives it a little kick. Trust me, you are going to love this stuff!
How to Assemble
When you are ready to eat, add some rice and romaine to the bottom of each bowl. Top them with the BBQ beef crumbles, corn, avocado, radish slices, cabbage, pico and pickles onions.
Drizzle over the yogurt ranch, then give everything a good stir. Each bite is filled with veggie, saucy, goodness.
You can also adjust the veggies depending on what you have on hand. This is the perfect recipe to use up anything you have lying around in the fridge.
Need More Recipe Inspo? Check these Out!
Did you Make this Recipe?
If you made these Vegan BBQ Beef Bowls I would LOVE to hear what you thought. Be sure to drop a comment and a rating below! You can also tag me on social media if you snapped a photo. I LOVE seeing your recreations!
Vegan BBQ Beef Bowls
FOR THE YOGURT RANCH
FOR THE BOWLS
- 1 head romaine chopped
- ¼ head red cabbage finely chopped
- 1 cup corn
- 2 avocados sliced
- 2 radishes thinly sliced
- pickled onions
- pico de gallo
- Add the rice to a pot with 2 cups of water. Bring to a boil, cover, lower heat and simmer for 15 minutes.
- Heat the oil in a skillet over medium heat. Add the red onion and cook for 3 minutes, or until tender. Add the beef crumbles, smoked paprika and cumin to the skillet and sauté for 5 minutes, or until the crumbles start to brown. Pour in the BBQ sauce and water. Lower heat and simmer until ready to serve.
- Add all of the ranch ingredients to a bowl and stir to combine. Set aside.
- To assemble, layer each bowl with rice, romaine, beef crumbles and all of the veggies. Drizzle with vegan ranch and serve.