These Vegan Beef Lettuce Wraps are the perfect light meal. Loaded with vegan beef crumbles, a hoisin sauce and crunchy water chestnuts.
These lettuce wraps are one of my new favorite things. They are quick, super simple and obviously delicious. They also make GREAT leftovers or make ahead lunches. Reheat the filling and have your lettuce cups ready to go!
How to make Vegan Beef Lettuce Wraps
The process for making these lettuce wraps is beyond easy. Grab your sauce ingredients - which is just a combo of hoisin sauce, soy sauce & rice vinegar. Next cook up some onion, garlic & ginger in sesame oil. Things will start smelling good at this point.
Add in your vegan beef crumbles - I got mine at Trader Joe's, but you can find them in the fridge/freezer section at just about any store. You could also swap them out for lentils if beef crumbles aren't your thing.
Lastly add in the sauce ingredients, water chestnuts (hello, crunchy goodness), some green onion and some chili peppers (again, optional, but totally tasty). Let everything get hot and bubbly, and you are ready to eat.
How to serve Vegan Beef Lettuce Wraps
To serve these, just grab a head of butter lettuce and load up the leaves with the filling. I like adding some extra green onion, cashews and lime juice on top.
Again, if you are making these ahead of time, store the cooled filling and lettuce leaves in separate containers and reheat the filling right before eating.
Need more recipe inspo? Check these out:
Vegan Beef Lettuce Wraps
- 1 tablespoon sesame oil
- 1 small yellow onion diced
- 2 cloves garlic diced
- ½ inch fresh ginger diced
- 12 oz vegan beef crumbles
- ¼ cup hoisin sauce
- 2 tablespoon low sodium soy sauce
- 2 tablespoon rice vinegar
- 1 8-ounce can water chestnuts drained and chopped
- 1 serrano pepper diced, optional
- 3 green onions diced
- 1 head butter lettuce
- lime wedges & cashews for serving
- Heat the sesame oil in a pan over medium heat. Add the onion, garlic & ginger to the pan and cook for 1-2 minutes, or until fragrant.
- Add the beef crumbles, hoisin, soy sauce, rice vinegar, water chestnuts and serrano pepper to the pan. Stir to combine and cook until hot and bubbly. Stir in ½ of the green onions.
- To serve, spoon the filling into each lettuce cup and top with more green onions, cashews and lime wedges.
This post may contain affiliate links. If you click on one and make a purchase I will receive a small percentage of the sale. Please know I would never link a product unless I have personally used it and loved it!