A 20 minute dinner that will have you going back for seconds - these Buffalo…
These BBQ Tempeh Tacos with Vegan Ranch are filled with crispy tempeh, avocado salsa, homemade slaw and vegan ranch. The perfect vegan taco!
I know we are in the midst of a wild and crazy time in the world, but my goal is to continue to provide you with fresh content that utilize pantry staples over the next few weeks.
And while we may be in quarantine mode, it is still Taco Tuesday and today’s recipe will not disappoint.
TSV TIP: Tempeh is a staple in my house, but if you didn’t happen to grab any during your last shopping trip, then feel free to swap it for white beans or chickpeas.
These tacos come together super quickly. Whip up your tempeh in less than 10 minutes and assemble your toppings.
I opted for an avocado salsa, mix of fresh greens and vegan ranch – you can get the recipe for my dry ranch seasoning mix here.
If you don’t have tortillas on hand you can also make these into bowls. No matter how you eat these, they will be a crowd pleaser for the whole family.
Need more taco inspo? Check out these recipes:
- Vegan Baked Tacos with Chipotle Ranch
- Roasted Potato Tacos with Chimichurri
- Crispy Vegan Potato Tacos with Jalapeño Cilantro Sauce
BBQ Tempeh Tacos with Vegan Ranch
FOR THE TEMPEH
- 8 oz tempeh cut in cubes
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp smoked paprika
- 1/2 cup BBQ sauce
FOR THE AVOCADO SALSA
- 1 avocado diced
- 1 cup corn
- 1 jalapeño diced
- 1/4 cup cilantro chopped
- 1 tbsp red wine vinegar
- salt & pepper to taste
FOR THE TACOS
- 1 cup red cabbage shredded
- 1 cup green cabbage shredded
- romaine lettuce shredded
- vegan ranch*
- 8 taco-sized flour tortillas
- cilantro for topping
- Heat olive oil in a pan over medium heat. Add the tempeh, garlic powder and smoked paprika to the pan. Cook for 2-3 minutes, stirring frequently. Add the BBQ sauce and cook until it begins to caramelize (approx. 3-5 minutes). Turn heat to low until ready to eat.
- Prepare the avocado salsa by combing all of the ingredients in a bowl and toss to combine. Set aside until ready to use.
- Add the red and green cabbage to a bowl and drizzle with vegan ranch (I used about 1/4 cup of ranch). Toss to combine.
- Heat the tortillas over an open flame or in a pan.
- To assemble layer tacos with romaine, cabbage, avocado salsa, tempeh, vegan ranch and cilantro.
This post may contain affiliate links. If you click on one and make a purchase I will receive a small percentage of the sale. Please know I would never link a product unless I have personally used it and loved it!