These Vegan Korean Beef & Rice Bowls are ready in 20 minutes and require just a handful of ingredients. A quick vegan dinner idea!
Today I am bringing you another quick vegan dinner recipe that is simple, quick and has lots of options to bulk it up. This recipe requires just 10 ingredients and 20 minutes which makes it the perfect weeknight dinner!
How to make Vegan Korean Beef & Rice Bowls
When I say these bowls are the EASIEST dinner, I really mean it! To start things off, get your rice cooking. I used dry basmati rice and cooked it up in about 15 minutes. You could make this meal go even quicker by using leftover rice or frozen rice packs. No matter which option you choose, it will still be quick.
Next, combine your sauce ingredients in a small bowl and set it aside. We're basically 75% done at this point...see, easy!
Heat up some sesame oil in a pan and add garlic. Cook for about 30 seconds, then add the vegan beef crumbles. Let it all cook down for 2-3 minutes, then add the sauce. Let it get hot and bubbly, then stir in some green onion. That's it. You're done!
How to serve Vegan Korean Beef & Rice Bowls
To serve, add some hot rice to a bowl and top it with the vegan beef mixture. Add some more green onions and sesame seeds and you are ready to eat!
This recipe is a great starting point for lots of variations. Cook up some broccolini or bok choy. You could also add some carrots & onions to the vegan beef crumbles while cooking. And I wouldn't be mad about a crispy egg roll on the side as well.
Need more recipe inspo? Check out these:
Vegan Korean Beef & Rice Bowls
- 2 cups cooked rice
- ¼ cup brown sugar
- ¼ cup low sodium soy sauce or tamari for GF
- 2 tbsp sesame oil separated
- ½ tsp Gochugaru or sub with red pepper flakes
- ½ tsp ground ginger
- 3 cloves garlic diced
- 12 oz vegan beef crumbles
- 3 green onions diced
- sesame seeds for serving
- Prepare the rice from scratch or heat up leftover rice.
- Combine the brown sugar, soy sauce, 1 tbsp sesame oil, Gochugaru and ground ginger in a bowl. Stir to combine and set aside.
- Heat the remaining sesame oil in a pan over medium heat. Add the garlic and cook for 30 seconds. Add the vegan beef crumbles. Break it apart with a wooden spoon and cook for 2-3 minutes. Add the prepared sauce and cook for an additional 2-3 minutes, or until hot and bubbly. Stir in half of the green onions and turn off the heat.
- To serve, split the rice between four bowls and top with the vegan beef mixture. Top with the remaining green onions and sesame seeds.
This post may contain affiliate links. If you click on one and make a purchase I will receive a small percentage of the sale. Please know I would never link a product unless I have personally used it and loved it!