These Black Bean Quinoa Tacos are a one-skillet dinner that are high in fiber & protein. Served with a dairy-free cilantro yogurt sauce!
Black Bean Quinoa Tacos are the perfect weeknight dinner. The quinoa and beans are cooked in the same skillet with taco seasoning, red onion and jalapeño. They are served in warm tortillas with a dairy-free cilantro yogurt dressing, shredded cabbage, avocado, radish slices and pickled onions. Healthy, easy and delicious!
How to Make the Filling
The best part about this recipe is that the filling is made in one skillet - hello, easy dishes! Start out by sautéing red onion and jalapeño in a little bit of oil. Once they get tender add in rinsed quinoa, a can of black beans, taco seasoning and broth. Bring it to a boil, cover, lower the heat and simmer for 20 minutes.
After 20 minutes, check to make sure all of the liquid has been absorbed and the quinoa is cooked through. If the quinoa is still a little crunchy, add a splash of liquid and let it simmer for a few more minutes.
How to Make Dairy-Free Yogurt Dressing
If you haven't noticed, I have been on a quite a yogurt dressing kick these days. It is a great sub for vegan mayo when you want a creamy dressing, but want something lower in fat and calories.
This dressing is especially good if you like your dressings tangy. The yogurt adds some tang along with the fresh lime juice. And you get plenty of bright, fresh flavors from the green onion, cilantro and garlic.
Add everything to a food processor and blend until smooth. Give it a taste and adjust seasonings if needed. You can also throw in a jalapeño if you want some kick!
How to Assemble the Tacos
Alright, everything is cooked, now let's assemble. Heat the tortillas over an open flame (or in a skillet) and then layer it up - shredded cabbage, quinoa/beans, avocado, pickled onions, radish slices and the yogurt dressing.
Serve with more cilantro and lime wedges on the side. You can also add some hot sauce if you like your tacos spicy.
These tacos are incredibly filling and the leftovers are just as good the next day. You can also use the leftovers to make a taco bowl if you feel like switching things up!
Need More Recipe Inspo? Check these Out!
Did you Make this Recipe?
If you made these Black Bean Quinoa Tacos I would LOVE to hear what you thought. Be sure to drop a comment and a rating below! You can also tag me on social media if you snapped a photo. I LOVE seeing your recreations!
Black Bean Quinoa Tacos
FOR THE QUINOA AND BEANS
- 2 tablespoons oil
- ½ red onion diced
- 1 jalapeño diced
- ¾ cup quinoa dry
- 1 15-ounce can black beans drained and rinsed
- 2 tablespoons taco seasoning
- 1 ½ cups broth or water
FOR THE YOGURT DRESSING
FOR THE TACOS
- 12 tortillas I used flour
- ½ head green cabbage shredded
- 2 avocados sliced
- radishes sliced
- pickled onions
- lime wedges
- Heat the oil in a skillet over medium heat. Add the onion and jalapeño and cook for 2-3 minutes, or until slightly tender. Rinse the quinoa and add to the skillet with the black beans, taco seasoning and broth. Stir and bring to a boil. Cover, lower the heat and simmer for 20 minutes.*
- Meanwhile, add all of the dressing ingredients to a food processor or blender and blend until smooth. Taste and adjust seasonings as needed. Set aside.
- Heat the tortillas and assemble the tacos. Layer each tortilla with shredded cabbage, quinoa/beans, avocado, radish slices & pickled onions. Drizzle with dressing and sprinkle on some extra cilantro. Serve with lime wedges on the side.