Creamy Vegan Beef & Shells
These Creamy Vegan Beef & Shells are the perfect weeknight dinner! Made in one pot and less than an hour. Quick, easy and delicious!
This post includes affiliate links. If you make a purchase I get a small commission.
Let me tell you, this recipe is going to be your new go-to weeknight dinner! It is super easy and totally delicious. A super creamy sauce, vegan beef crumbles and plenty of shells. Serve with a big green salad for a delicious meal!
How to make Creamy Vegan Beef & Shells
The best part about this recipe is that you can make everything in one pot. Start by cooking the pasta shells until al dente. Drain and set aside – if they start sticking together you can always give them a rinse.
Place the empty pot back on the stove and heat the olive oil, onion, garlic, vegan beef crumbles and spices. Cook this down until the vegan beef crumbles start to brown and the onion is tender.
Add the tomato sauce, flour, soy sauce & broth to the pot and bring to a boil. I used vegan beef broth, but you can sub your favorite broth. Lower the heat and let the sauce simmer for 10 minutes.
Bring it together
Now, let’s make it creamy. Add in non-dairy creamer and vegan cream cheese. Whisk until smooth and everything is combined.
Pour in the cooked shells and give everything a toss. Serve the pasta hot with fresh parsley & black pepper.
For the leftovers – the pasta will continue to absorb the sauce as it sits. If you plan to have a lot of leftovers, you should consider keeping the pasta and sauce separately and combining right before eating.
Need more recipe inspo? Check these out:
Creamy Vegan Beef & Shells
- 3/4 pound pasta shells or pasta of choice
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 yellow onion diced
- 4 cloves garlic diced
- 12 ounces vegan beef crumbles or sub cooked lentils
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper plus more for serving
- 2 teaspoons dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1 teaspoon dried parsley
- red pepper flakes to taste, optional
- 1 tablespoon low sodium soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 1 15-ounce can tomato sauce
- 2 cups vegan beef broth or broth of choice
- 1/2 cup non-dairy creamer* unsweetened
- 8 ounces vegan cream cheese I used Kite Hill
- fresh parsley for serving
- Bring a large pot of water to a boil. Add the pasta and cook until al dente. Drain and place the empty pot back on the stove over medium heat.
- Add the olive oil, onion, garlic, beef crumbles and spices. Cook for 5 minutes, stirring frequently. Pour in the soy sauce & flour and cook for 3 minutes. Add the tomato sauce & broth and bring to a boil. Lower heat and simmer for 10 minutes.
- Add the creamer & cream cheese and whisk until smooth. Pour in the cooked pasta and stir until combined and heated through.
- Serve hot with fresh parsley and pepper on top.