One of the best pizza combos is vegan-ized with this Vegan Roasted Cauliflower BBQ Pizza…
A vegan twist on a classic – this Roasted Cauliflower Vegan Thai Pizza combines spicy peanut sauce, zesty cauliflower, bean sprouts, carrots and jalapeños on a crispy crust.
This week we are taking Pizza Friday to a whole new level.
We have dipped veggie wraps in it.
And the most obvious next place to use it is on top of a pizza.
Well, it seems obvious to me, but please let me know if I’m totally crazy.
I think once you taste this yummy pie, you will completely understand where I’m coming from.
It all starts with the sauce.
My peanut sauce is spicy, creamy and eat-it-with-a-spoon worthy.
The sauce will not only act as the base for your pizza, it is also what you will roast your cauliflower in (and if you have any leftover, dip your crust in).
Now when it comes to the crust…
If you have tried any of my pizza recipes then you know I love a pre-made dough.
Trader Joe’s dough in particular.
It’s cheap, it’s tasty and it’s VEGAN!
Three of my favorite things.
If you don’t have a Trader Joe’s near you, check your local grocery store. Most sell pre-made dough and most of them are vegan. Just be sure to check the ingredients.
After your dough is at room temperature, stretch it out to your desired thickness. I made this pizza on the thick-side. I feel like with the weight of the toppings, you need some substantial crust to hold it all together.
Top it off with some more of that peanut sauce, the roasted cauliflower and the rest of your veggies.
Throw it in a very hot oven for 15-17 minutes and top it all off with some green onion and fresh cilantro.
As is, this pizza is packed full of spice and flavor.
But, if you want another layer of flavor, you can dip your slice in some sweet chili sauce. It will dilute some of the spice and just tastes freaking amazing!
Roasted Cauliflower Vegan Thai Pizza
FOR THE PEANUT SAUCE
- 1/2 cup peanut butter
- 1/4 cup low sodium soy sauce or tamari
- 1 tsp sesame oil
- 1-2 tbsp sriracha
- 1/2 jalapeno
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1/4 tsp ground ginger
- water as needed
FOR THE PIZZA
- 16 oz pre-made pizza dough
- corn meal
- 1/2 head cauliflower cut in bite sized pieces
- 1/4 cup matchstick carrots
- 1/4 cup bean sprouts
- 1/2 jalapeño sliced
- 1 green onion diced
- 2 tbsp cilantro diced
- sweet chili sauce (optional) for dipping
- Place dough on corn meal dusted surface and allow to come to room temperature (approx. 30-60 minutes).
- Make peanut sauce by combining ingredients in a food processor or blender. Thin with water and adjust seasonings as needed. Cover and place in the fridge until ready to use.
- While dough is coming to room temperature, preheat oven to 425 degrees and line a baking sheet with foil. Spray foil with non-stick spray.
- Combine cauliflower and 1/4 cup of peanut sauce in a bowl. Stir to combine. Spread evenly on baking sheet and cook for 20 minutes, flipping halfway. Remove from oven and increase oven heat to 475 degrees.
- Spray a 16" round baking sheet (or baking sheet of choice) with non-stick spray. Place dough on the sheet and stretch to desired shape. Top dough with 1/4-1/2 cup peanut sauce. Add cauliflower, carrots, bean sprouts and jalapeño. Place in the oven for 12-17 minutes, or until crust is brown and crispy.
- Remove from the oven and top with green onion and cilantro. Slice and serve with any leftover peanut sauce and sweet chili sauce.
This post may contain affiliate links. If you click on one and make a purchase I will receive a small percentage of the sale. Please know I would never link a product unless I have personally used it and loved it!