This Vegan Sun-Dried Tomato Pesto is a simple and savory sauce that can be used…
A tasty vegan appetizer or snack with a Mediterranean twist – Smashed Potatoes with Vegan Sun-Dried Tomato Pesto.
Today we’re combining two of my vegan essentials:
Potatoes are essentially their own food group in the vegan food pyramid. Whether you bake them, fry them or mash them…
I’ll eat them!
And today, we’re adding another verb to that list and we’re going to smash them. Which kind of gives you the best of both worlds.
A creamy center and a crispy crust.
To make things even better, we’re topping these off with a good smear of my Vegan Sun-Dried Tomato Pesto.
This pesto has a few simple ingredients that pack a ton of flavor.
Whether you’re making these for a tasty snack or as a party appetizer, you will have people coming back for more.
You could even serve these over a bed of greens and call it a day.
Smashed Potatoes with Vegan Sun-Dried Tomato Pesto
- 1/2 cup sun-dried tomato pesto
- 1 1/2 lbs small golden potatoes
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tbsp garlic powder
- salt to taste
- fresh basil for topping (optional)
- Prepare Sun-Dried Tomato Pesto according to instructions. Set aside.
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees.
- Place potatoes in a large pot. Cover with water and place on the stove. Bring water to a boil and simmer until potatoes are fork tender - approx. 15-20 minutes.
- Drain potatoes and set aside until cool enough to handle. Spray a baking sheet with non-stick spray.
- Place potatoes on the baking sheet. Using a potato masher or fork, carefully smash each potato until flat.* Drizzle olive oil and garlic powder over potatoes. Bake for 20 minutes, or until crisp. Remove from the oven and sprinkle with salt.
- Transfer potatoes to a serving plate and drizzle with sun-dried tomato pesto. Top with additional basil and serve.
This post may contain affiliate links. If you click on one and make a purchase I will receive a small percentage of the sale. Please know I would never link a product unless I have personally used it and loved it!