These Marinated Pinto Bean Tacos are healthy, vegan and super simple. With just a few ingredients and 30 minutes, you can have Taco Tuesday at home!
Taco Tuesday is one of my favorite days to celebrate.
(Other than Pizza Friday, that is).
There are just so many ways to go with it.
And when you want something simple that packs a lot of flavor, these Marinated Pinto Bean Tacos are where it's at.
Marinating the beans is super quick and easy.
A little salsa mixed with my favorite flavor bomb - Better Than Bouillon No Chicken Base - and your beans take on a whole new life.
Depending on the type of salsa you use, these tacos could be different every time you make them.
I went with a spicy, chunky salsa. But you could easily switch it up with a simple pico de gallo or salsa verde.
The other element that makes these tacos amazing is the onion-cilantro combo.
It's a classic taco topping that never gets old.
Finish it off with some jalapeño slices & avocado and call it a day.
What are your must have taco toppings? Comment below and we can compare notes.
Marinated Pinto Bean Tacos
- 8 flour tortillas taco sized
- 2 cans pinto beans drained and rinsed
- 1 cup salsa
- ½ teaspoon Better Than Bouillon No Chicken Base*
- ½ cup water
- 1 white onion diced
- ½ cup cilantro diced
- 1 lime juiced
- 1-2 avocados sliced
- 1 jalapeño optional
- Heat a pan over medium heat. Add beans, salsa, bouillon and water. Stir to combine and bring to a boil. Lower heat and simmer for 15 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- While beans are cooking, combine onions, cilantro and lime juice in a bowl. Stir to combine and set aside.
- Place tortillas in a pan over medium-high heat (or over an open flame) and cook until warmed.
- Layer tortillas with bean mixture, onions & cilantro, jalapeño slices and avocado.
- Serve and enjoy!
This post may contain affiliate links. If you click on one and make a purchase I will receive a small percentage of the sale. Please know I would never link a product unless I have personally used it and loved it!