Vegan Gnocchi Potato Salad
This Vegan Gnocchi Potato Salad is a fun twist on a summer classic. Made with potato gnocchi, kale gnocchi and a creamy mustard sauce!
What’s better than potato salad…well, potato salad made with gnocchi, of course! Using gnocchi cuts down on the cooking time, and we’re making this even more fun by using a mix of traditional potato gnocchi and Trader Joe’s kale gnocchi – don’t worry, you can also just use all potato. This twist on a classic is quick, tasty and perfect for a picnic or summer BBQ.
How to make Vegan Gnocchi Potato Salad
The most important part of this salad is the gnocchi. Specifically, how long you cook the gnocchi. You don’t want to overcook it – then you’ll just have mush. So, only boil the gnocchi until it floats to the top, then drain right away.
You’ll also need to whip up a super simple creamy dressing – it is made with vegan mayo, apple cider vinegar, yellow mustard, whole grain mustard, garlic salt & pepper. You get the perfect amount of tangy, creamy goodness.
Once the gnocchi is drained, combine it with red onion, dill pickles, celery and the dressing. Gently toss it together and place in the fridge to cool for at least an hour.
How to serve Vegan Gnocchi Potato Salad
After the potato salad has chilled, it is time to serve. You can add some extra toppings like dill, pepper or paprika. Or, just grab a fork and get to eating. No shame in eating it straight out of the bowl.
This salad can be made a day in advance. If making ahead of time, I like to keep some of the dressing separate from the salad and add it right before serving. This will preserve the creamy potato salad texture we all know and love!
Need more recipe inspo? Check these out:
Vegan Gnocchi Potato Salad
FOR THE DRESSING
FOR THE SALAD
- 1 16-ounce package gnocchi
- 1 12-ounce package Trader Joe's Kale Gnocchi can be subbed with another package of potato gnocchi
- 1/4 red onion diced
- 2 stalks celery diced
- 1 dill pickle diced
- dill, smoked paprika for serving, optional
- Combine all of the dressing ingredients in a bowl and whisk to combine. Set aside.
- Bring a large pot of water to a boil. Add both packages of gnocchi** and cook until they float to the top (approx. 3 minutes). Drain, but DO NOT rinse. Allow to cool for 10 minutes.***
- Combine the gnocchi, red onion, celery, dill pickle and dressing in a bowl. Gently toss until combined. Cover and place in the fridge for 1 hour.****
- Remove from the fridge, add any optional toppings and serve – or grab a fork and eat it right out of the bowl.
This post may contain affiliate links. If you click on one and make a purchase I will receive a small percentage of the sale. Please know I would never link a product unless I have personally used it and loved it!