These Kimchi Summer Rolls with Almond Dipping Sauce are filled with fresh veggies, cooked mushrooms and Nasoya’s Vegan Spicy Kimchi.
This post is sponsored by Nasoya*.
Summer rolls are one of my favorite recipes to make when it's hot out! They can be made ahead of time, stored in the fridge and eaten as a snack, lunch or light dinner. Plus, I'll find any excuse to make a creamy dipping sauce!
To make these summer rolls extra tasty I used my favorite kimchi – Nasoya’s Vegan Spicy Kimchi! This stuff has the perfect amount of tang, spice and crunch. Plus, it is a natural probiotic (hello, healthy gut) and it's just super tasty! Nasoya’s kimchi is made the authentic Korean way with cabbage and fresh spices – it’s also available in a Mild variety. If you've never tried kimchi before, this is your sign to grab some. Check out their store locator to see where you can pick some up!
Once you have your kimchi, just grab a few more ingredients and you are ready to get rolling.
- Nasoya Vegan Spicy Kimchi
- Green cabbage
- Sesame seeds
- Rice paper
- Almond dipping sauce
First thing you want to do is prep the mushrooms. Dice them into small pieces, then cook them down in some sesame oil with garlic, ginger and soy sauce. You want them to get slightly browned and crispy! While the mushrooms cool, dice and prep the rest of the veggies.
If you've never made summer rolls, don't be afraid, I swear it is easier than you think. I also made things extra easy by using 2 pieces of rice paper for each roll. This will give you a thicker base to work with (aka less likely to tear while rolling).
TSV Tip for soaking the rice paper: You only need to dip them in water for 6-10 seconds, then lay them on a flat surface. They will continue to soften as you fill them up. So don't worry about getting them completely soft when dunking them in the water.
For the Almond Dipping Sauce
This almond dipping sauce is soooooo tasty! It is a play on my Spicy Peanut Sauce and I'm super obsessed with this stuff. It is super creamy, slightly spicy and the perfect balance to the crunchy veggies in the rolls.
How to serve/store the rolls
Once your sauce is blended and the rolls are prepped, you are ready to eat. Use a super sharp knife to cut the rolls into bite-sized pieces and serve them up on a platter. Get to dipping!
If you have any leftovers (or want to make these for meal prep), just place them in an air-tight container and keep them in the fridge for 2-3 days.
Need more recipe inspo?
Kimchi Summer Rolls with Almond Dipping Sauce
FOR THE ALMOND DIPPING SAUCE
- ½ cup almond butter
- ¼ cup low sodium soy sauce or tamari for GF
- 2 cloves garlic peeled
- ½ inch fresh ginger peeled
- 2 tablespoon sesame oil
- 1 jalapeño diced, seeds and stems removed for less spice
FOR THE KIMCHI SUMMER ROLLS
- 1 tablespoon sesame oil
- 3 cloves garlic diced
- 1 inch fresh ginger peeled and diced
- 1 tablespoon low sodium soy sauce or tamari for GF
- 1 cup cremini mushrooms diced
- 2 small avocados sliced
- black sesame seeds optional
- 12 pieces rice paper
- 1 cup spinach
- 1 cup carrots shredded
- 1 cup green cabbage shredded
- ¾ cup Nasoya Spicy Kimchi
- Prepare the almond dipping sauce by combining all of the ingredients in a food processor and pulsing until combined. Add water if needed. Pour into a bowl and set aside.
- Heat the sesame oil in a pan over medium heat. Add the garlic and ginger and cook for 1 minute. Add the mushrooms and soy sauce and cook for 3-5 minutes, or until the mushrooms have slightly browned. Remove from the pan and allow to cool completely while you prep the other veggies.
- Slice the avocado and sprinkle with sesame seeds.
- Fill a large bowl with room temperature water. Soak 1 piece of rice paper in the water for 6-10 seconds. You want the rice paper to be soft but pliable - it will continue to soften as you fill it.
- Place 2 pieces of soaked rice paper* on top of each other on a flat surface. Layer spinach, avocado, carrots, cabbage, 1 teaspoon mushrooms, 2 tablespoon kimchi and cilantro in the center of the rice paper. Roll it up like a burrito and place on a cutting board. Repeat the process with the rest of the ingredients. Use a sharp knife and cut each roll into 2-3 pieces.
- Serve the rolls with the almond dipping sauce.
This post may contain affiliate links. If you click on one and make a purchase I will receive a small percentage of the sale. Please know I would never link a product unless I have personally used it and loved it!
Leave a Reply