These Sesame Tofu Summer Rolls are filled with bright veggies and served with the best peanut dipping sauce! A great lunch or snack!
Nothing says warm weather like a homemade summer roll. Plus, it gives you the excuse to eat peanut sauce – and that is always a good idea. For this version I took a note from my Sesame Tofu Peanut Salad and coated the tofu in everything but the bagel seasoning before adding it to the rolls. Gives it a nice little crunch and some great flavor.
How to make Sesame Tofu Summer Rolls
These rolls are pretty straight forward. While the tofu is pressing, prep the peanut sauce and the veggies. Then, cut the tofu into strips and sprinkle it with some everything but the bagel seasoning. You will get lots of crunch in these bad boys.
Note: If the tofu strips break apart while you are coating them, don’t worry about it. You don’t have to have 2 perfect strips in each roll – just go with the flow.
Once all of the components are prepped, it is time to roll. Start by soaking the rice paper. You only need to dip them in water for 6-10 seconds, then lay them on a flat surface. They will continue to soften as you fill them up. So don’t worry about getting them completely soft when dunking them in the water.
Layer the tofu and veggies and roll it up like a burrito.
How to serve Sesame Tofu Summer Rolls
Repeat the same process until all of your ingredients are used up. Slice each roll into 2-3 pieces, for easy snacking, then get to dunking.
You can also serve these with lime wedges, cilantro or peanuts. All are optional, but super delicious. These will last in the fridge for 2-3 days, but are always best served right away.
Need more recipe inspo? Check these out:
Sesame Tofu Summer Rolls
- Drain the tofu and press the excess water out. Cut into strips and sprinkle with everything but the bagel seasoning – if some of the tofu pieces break while adding the seasoning, don't worry about it. Set aside.
- Prepare the Spicy Peanut Sauce. Set aside until ready to use.
- Prep all of your veggies and place them on a large plate.
- Fill a large bowl with room temperature water. Soak 1 rice paper wrapper in the water for 6-10 seconds. You want the rice paper to be soft but pliable – it will continue to soften as you fill it.
- Place the rice paper on a flat surface and layer spinach, cabbage, carrots, bell pepper and tofu in the center. Roll it up like a burrito and place on a cutting board. Repeat the process with the rest of the ingredients. Use a sharp knife and cut each roll into 2-3 pieces.
- Serve with peanut sauce.
This post may contain affiliate links. If you click on one and make a purchase I will receive a small percentage of the sale. Please know I would never link a product unless I have personally used it and loved it!