These Vegan Ricotta Zucchini Flatbreads are topped with homemade tofu ricotta, thin zucchini slices, basil and almonds. Simple and delicious!
If you are new to TSV then you may not be aware of my love for Friday…Pizza Friday in particular. Just because us vegans don’t eat cheese, doesn’t mean we can’t partake in this glorious day.
You can check out all of my pizza recipes here. And today, we are putting together some light and fresh flatbreads complete with homemade vegan ricotta and zucchini ribbons.
If you haven’t made your own ricotta before, let me tell you…it is super easy. With just a few ingredients and 10 minutes, you can have it ready to go. You can get my ricotta recipe here.
Vegan ricotta is also becoming more and more accessible at the grocery store. If you have access to a store-bought brand, you can use that as well.
To make these flatbreads even easier, I used pre-made naan. Naan can be found at just about any grocery store – just be sure to check the label to make sure it is vegan.
TSV TIP: The naan at Trader Joe’s is 100% vegan.
Another important part of this recipe is getting your zucchini super thin. I suggest using a mandoline slicer – you can find the one I have here. If you don’t have one, you can show off your knife skills and slice your zucchini as thin as possible (without chopping off your fingers).
Once the flatbreads are heated through, top them off with fresh basil, sliced almonds, red pepper flakes and a squeeze of fresh lemon juice. All of these flavors combined make for a light, but satisfying pizza dinner.
Vegan Ricotta Zucchini Flatbreads
- 4 naan flatbreads
- 1/2-1 cup vegan ricotta*
- 1 zucchini sliced in ribbons**
- pepper to taste
- garlic salt to taste
- fresh basil chopped
- 1/4 cup sliced almonds
- 1 lemon
- red pepper flakes optional
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Place naan on a baking sheet. Spread the desired amount of ricotta on each flatbread and top with zucchini ribbons. Sprinkle each flatbread with pepper and garlic salt. Place in the oven and bake for 5-7 minutes (or until the bread is crispy and the toppings are heated).
- Remove from the oven and top each flatbread with basil, almonds, lemon juice and red pepper flakes.
- Slice and serve immediately.
This post may contain affiliate links. If you click on one and make a purchase I will receive a small percentage of the sale. Please know I would never link a product unless I have personally used it and loved it!