Loaded Vegan Kimchi Fries - crispy fries, sriracha mayo and zesty kimchi all topped off with tons of fresh cilantro and green onions.
I have always been a kimchi fan - and when I went vegan I thought I was going to be out of luck when it comes to enjoying this spicy snack. BUT, luckily, finding vegan kimchi hasn't been as hard as I thought.
I've found it at my local grocery store as well as Whole Foods. You could also make your own - but I went with the store-bought stuff.
Kimchi is spicy, tangy and makes for an amazing topping for fries!
To make this recipe even easier, I also opted for frozen waffle fries. Again, you could make your own, but we are going for easy today.
To give these fries even more flavor I also added some of the Sriracha Mayo I shared with you a couple weeks ago. Another layer of spice and deliciousness.
Finally top these off with your favorite greens - I went with a healthy handful of cilantro and green onions. Give everything a squeeze of fresh lime juice and you are in fry heaven!
These would be a perfect game day snack - grab a few forks and share the plate.
More of a visual person? Check out the video:
Loaded Vegan Kimchi Fries
- 2 cups frozen waffle fries
- Sriracha Mayo*
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- ½ yellow onion diced
- 1 cup kimchi roughly chopped
- 1 tbsp gochujang**
- 1 tbsp low sodium soy sauce
- green onion, cilantro, lime wedges for topping
- Prepare waffle fries according to the package instructions.
- Prepare the sriracha mayo according to the instructions and set aside until ready to use.
- While the fries are cooking, heat the olive oil in a pan over medium heat. Add the onions to the pan and sauté for 3 minutes.
- Add the kimchi, gochujang and soy sauce to the pan and sauté for an additional 3-5 minutes. Remove from the heat.
- To assemble place the cooked fries on a platter and top with the kimchi/onion mixture. Drizzle sriracha mayo over the fries and serve with green onion, cilantro and lime wedges.