These Chickpea Caesar Salad Wraps are a great vegan lunch when you are on the go. Filled with crispy chickpeas, romaine, avocado & the best vegan caesar.
We are kicking off back to school/work season with this super easy (and tasty) vegan caesar wrap! It is filling, quick and can be made ahead of time. Hello, easy mornings! 👋 The only cooking required is a quick sauté of the chickpeas. The rest can be done in a few short minutes.
How to make the chickpeas
All you need to do for the chickpeas is grab a can, drain, rinse and add the seasonings - garlic salt, pepper, onion powder, parsley & smoked paprika. Give everything a good toss, then cook them on the stove in a little bit of oil for a few minutes. Once they are slightly crispy set them aside.
Let's talk about the Vegan Caesar Dressing!
I am seriously OBSESSED with this dressing. I used it for my Tempeh Caesar Salad Pitas and it is now my go-to! You will get that tangy caesar taste by using capers. Even if you think you don't like them, you won't even know they're in there once it's all blended up.
Aside from that you will need vegan mayo, lemon juice, garlic, parsley, spicy mustard, salt & pepper. This dressing is the perfect swap for a traditional caesar and will not disappoint.
How to assemble Chickpea Caesar Salad Wraps
Once the dressing and chickpeas are done, just chop up some romaine, tomatoes and avocado and you are ready to assemble.
Grab some EXTRA large wraps, toss the romaine and the dressing, and layer everything up. If you are making these ahead of time, I recommend serving the dressing on the side - so the romaine doesn't get soggy.
Serve these with a side of chips and you have the perfect lunch!
Need more recipe inspo? Check these out:
Chickpea Caesar Salad Wraps
FOR THE VEGAN CAESAR DRESSING
- ½ cup vegan mayo
- 2 tablespoon lemon juice
- 2 tablespoon fresh parsley
- 1 clove garlic peeled
- 1 teaspoon capers
- 2 teaspoon caper brine
- 1-2 teaspoon spicy mustard
- ½ teaspoon pepper
- salt to taste
FOR THE CHICKPEAS
FOR THE WRAPS
- 4 large wraps
- 2 heads romaine chopped
- 2 avocados sliced
- 2 tomatoes sliced
- Add all of the caesar dressing ingredients to a food processor and pulse to combine. Taste and adjust seasonings as needed. Place in the fridge until ready to serve.
- Combine the chickpeas & seasonings in a bowl and toss to combine. Heat the oil in a pan over medium heat. Add the chickpeas and cook for 5 minutes, or until slightly crispy, stirring frequently. Transfer to a bowl.
- Add the romaine & dressing to a bowl and toss to combine.* Layer each wrap with romaine, chickpeas, avocado and tomato. Roll up and cut in half.
This post may contain affiliate links. If you click on one and make a purchase I will receive a small percentage of the sale. Please know I would never link a product unless I have personally used it and loved it!