An everything bagel topping is what makes these the Best Vegan Dinner Rolls! Super easy to make and a totally delicious dinner side.
If you have ever been intimidated to make your own dinner rolls from scratch, then this is the recipe for you. It is EXTREMELY easy and quick. With just a handful of ingredients, you will have the best homemade rolls on the table.
How to make the Best Vegan Dinner Rolls
Like all bread recipes, we are starting off with some active dry yeast. Combine it with salt, sugar and warm water in a standing mixer bowl and wait for the magic to happen. The mixture should look cloudy – that’s how you know the yeast is kicking.
Next, add the olive oil, flour and non-dairy milk. Use the dough hook on the mixer and mix until everything is combined and the dough is kneaded – 4 to 5 minutes on low.
*If you don’t have a standing mixer, you can knead this by hand. I would double the kneading time.
You want the dough to be slightly sticky but still workable. If your dough is too wet, you can add more flour, but I feel like 1 3/4 cups is the sweet spot. I’ve tested this with 1 1/2 cups and 2 cups of flour and really prefer the texture of the recipe as written.
Cut the dough into 12 equal pieces, then form them into balls. Transfer them to an oiled baking dish, then cover and let them rise for 30-60 minutes. They should double in size.
How to top the Best Vegan Dinner Rolls
Once the rolls have risen, top them with some melted vegan butter and some everything but the bagel seasoning. This is the magic ingredient that takes these from rolls to ROLLS 🎉.
I wouldn’t skip this step, it really makes these extra tasty.
Add the rolls to the oven and bake for 18-20 minutes at 375 degrees. And that’s it! You will have some seriously tasty and homemade rolls on the table! Just don’t forget to serve them with some more vegan butter!
Need some more recipe inspo? Check these out:
Best Vegan Dinner Rolls
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 tbsp sugar
- 1 packet active yeast
- 1/4 cup warm water
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 3/4 cup all purpose flour
- 1/2 cup non-dairy milk unsweetened
- 1 tbsp vegan butter
- everything but the bagel seasoning
- Add the salt, sugar, yeast and warm water to a stand mixing bowl. Give it a quick stir with a fork and allow it to sit until the yeast begins to bubble (approx. 3-5 minutes). It should look cloudy.
- Add the olive oil, flour and non-dairy milk to the bowl and attach the dough hook to the mixer.
- Turn the mixer on low and beat until combined. Turn the speed up slightly and knead the dough for another 2 minutes.* Transfer the dough to a lightly floured surface.
- Cut the dough in half and stretch each piece into a log. Cut each log into 6 equal pieces (12 total). Shape each piece into a ball.
- Grease a baking sheet or casserole dish and transfer the rolls. Cover and allow to rise for 30-60 minutes, or until they have doubled in size.
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees and melt the vegan butter in a small dish.
- Brush the rolls with the butter then top with everything but the bagel seasoning. Gently press the seasoning into the rolls to help it stick. Place the rolls in the oven and bake for 18-20 minutes, or until lightly browned on top.
- Serve immediately with vegan butter.
This post may contain affiliate links. If you click on one and make a purchase I will receive a small percentage of the sale. Please know I would never link a product unless I have personally used it and loved it!