This Vegan BLT Pasta Salad is perfect for a summer BBQ! It is loaded with tempeh bacon, cherry tomatoes, arugula, avocado, red onion and a creamy dressing!
I know we're all stuck inside (and it's not quite summer yet), but that doesn't mean we can't bring some summer flavors inside with us. And this Vegan BLT Pasta Salad screams SUMMER BBQ!
This pasta salad is so flavorful! From the salty tempeh bacon, to the creamy avocado, to the crunchy red onion...so much good stuff going on in here.
TSV TIP: My favorite tempeh bacon is from Lightlife. You can also find plenty of tempeh bacon recipes online.
I personally don't love an overly dressed pasta salad - I can't stand when there is a pound of mayo in my salad. So this pasta salad is lightly dressed, and in my opinion, has the perfect amount of dressing. If you prefer a more heavily dressed salad, more power to you. Double the dressing recipe and go to town 🙂
TSV TIP: I like most vegan mayo brands. I usually get Vegenaise, but I haven't tried one I don't like.
Another note is to wait to dress the salad until right before serving. This way the pasta doesn't absorb the dressing before you eat it.
This salad has everything you could want. It is comforting, refreshing, light and filling all in one big bowl.
This is the ultimate party side! I mean, for whenever we're able to have parties, that is. Grab a plate, because you are going to want to go back for seconds before it's gone!
Need more pasta salad inspo? Check out these other tasty recipes:
- Creamy Vegan Southwest Pasta Salad
- Tomato Corn Avocado Pasta Salad
- Roasted Veggie Pasta Salad
- Vegan Orzo Pasta Salad with Grilled Veggies
- Vegan Mediterranean Couscous Salad
Vegan BLT Pasta Salad
FOR THE DRESSING
FOR THE SALAD
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 6 oz tempeh bacon diced
- 12 oz short pasta I used cavatappi
- 12 oz cherry tomatoes halved
- 1 large avocado chopped
- ½ red onion thinly sliced
- 2 cups arugula
- Combine all of the dressing ingredients in a bowl and stir to combine. Taste and adjust salt & pepper. Place in the fridge until ready to serve.*
- Heat the olive oil in a pan over medium heat. Add the tempeh bacon and cook until browned, stirring frequently. Transfer to a bowl and set aside.
- Bring a large pot of water to a boil. Add salt to the water, followed by the pasta. Cook according to package instructions. Drain and rinse with cold water.
- To assemble, add the pasta, tomatoes, avocado, red onion, arugula, tempeh bacon and dressing to a large bowl. Toss to combine and top with additional pepper.** Serve at room temperature or cold.
This post may contain affiliate links. If you click on one and make a purchase I will receive a small percentage of the sale. Please know I would never link a product unless I have personally used it and loved it!