These Zesty Brown Rice Black Bean Vegan Sliders with Basil Aioli are the perfect party appetizer. Topped off with an avocado & tomato salsa.
It is game time people. The countdown to the Super Bowl. And even if you aren't into watching the game, there are always the commercials, halftime show...and FOOD!
And I'm not going to lie, vegan game day snacks are pretty freaking delicious. Case and point these SLIDERS!
How to make Zesty Brown Rice Black Bean Vegan Sliders
A super easy combo of brown rice, black beans and potato? Yep, you read that right, we are roasting up a russet potato with a ton of yummy spices before blending it up with the rest of the patty ingredients.
The potato is what really makes these guys stick together. And when a black bean patty sticks together well, the options are endless.
You can grill these, bake them or do what I did and cook them up in a skillet. They aren't going to crumble on you, I promise.
Plus you can make the patties ahead of time, throw them in the freezer and cook them up right before you want to eat. Meal prepped burgers? Hell yes.
How to serve Zesty Brown Rice Black Bean Vegan Sliders
The other exciting part of this recipe is the Basil Aioli. OMG - this stuff is good. It requires just a couple ingredients, and you can make this ahead of time too!
Combine everything in the food processor, put it in the fridge and use it within 3 days. The combo of the zesty patties, this garlicky, basil aioli and the avocado salsa is a slam dunk - or touchdown, if we're sticking with our Super Bowl theme.
Make these for your game day party and I swear you will have a lot of happy bellies on your hands.
Need more recipe inspo? Check these out:
Zesty Brown Rice Black Bean Vegan Sliders with Basil Aioli
FOR THE POTATOES
FOR THE PATTIES
FOR THE BASIL AIOLI*
- 1 cup vegan mayo
- 10 large basil leaves
- 3 cloves garlic
- salt & pepper to taste
FOR THE AVOCADO SALSA
- 1 avocado chopped
- 1 plum tomato chopped
- ½ lime juiced
- salt & pepper to taste
FOR THE SLIDERS
- 10 slider buns
- non-stick spray
- spinach or other greens
- Preheat the oven to 425 degrees and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Add all of the potato ingredients to the baking sheet and toss to coat evenly. Place in the oven and bake for 25 minutes, flipping after 15 minutes. Remove from the oven and allow to cool for a couple of minutes.
- Add the cooled potatoes and the rest of the patty ingredients to a food processor. Pulse until combined - there should still be some chunks.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper. Using about ¼ cup of patty mixture for each slider, form 10 patties and place them on the baking sheet. Place them in the freezer for at least 20 minutes.**
- While the patties are freezing, prepare the basil aioli. Combine all of the ingredients in a food processor and blend, scraping down the sides, until fully combined. Taste and adjust salt & pepper as needed. Set aside until ready to use.
- Prepare the avocado salsa by combining the ingredients in a bowl. Stir to combine. Taste and adjust salt & pepper as needed.
- When you are ready to eat, heat a pan on the stove over medium heat.*** Add non-stick spray and add the patties to the pan. Cook until browned on both side (approx. 3-5 minutes per side).
- To assemble, layer basil aioli and spinach on the bottom of each bun. Top with a patty, avocado salsa and the top of the bun. Serve and enjoy!
This post may contain affiliate links. If you click on one and make a purchase I will receive a small percentage of the sale. Please know I would never link a product unless I have personally used it and loved it!