These Brown Rice Chickpea Taco Bowls with Jalapeño Cilantro Sauce are perfect for meal prep or an easy weeknight dinner.
Another simple weeknight dinner coming at you. These bowls are super satisfying. Filled with veggies, warm chickpeas, refried beans and topped with my favorite Jalapeño Cilantro Sauce.
There is nothing better than a warm bowl of good stuff. This is one of those dinners that you will want to eat again and again. You can also swap out the veggies depending on what you have on hand. Or even use up any cooked veggies you have leftover.
There is a lot of wiggle room with this recipe.
Can you meal prep these Brown Rice Chickpea Taco Bowls?
Yep. You totally can meal prep these chickpea taco bowls! It is actually the perfect meal prepped lunch. Make everything on Sunday, separate it out and eat it all week long. I prefer to keep the hot and cold ingredients separated and then combine them once I am ready to eat. No one wants a soggy slaw.
No matter when or how you eat this, you will not be disappointed.
Need more recipe inspo? Check out these recipes:
Brown Rice Chickpea Taco Bowls with Jalapeño Cilantro Sauce
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 15-ounce can chickpeas drained and rinsed
- 1 tsp taco seasoning
- ¼ cup salsa plus more for topping
- Jalapeño Cilantro Sauce* to taste
- 1 15-ounce can refried beans
- 2 cups brown rice cooked
- 2 cups pre-made slaw
- cilantro, lime wedges, jalapeño for topping
- Heat olive oil in a pan over medium heat. Add the chickpeas, taco seasoning and salsa to the pan and cook until heated through. Remove from heat until ready to use.
- Prepare the Jalapeño Cilantro Sauce according to the instructions. Set aside until ready to use.
- Heat refried beans in a pan over low heat.
- To assemble add rice, beans, chickpeas and slaw to each bowl. Top with Jalapeño Cilantro Sauce and serve with cilantro, lime wedges and/or jalapeño slices.
This post may contain affiliate links. If you click on one and make a purchase I will receive a small percentage of the sale. Please know I would never link a product unless I have personally used it and loved it!