Greens and other veggies are topped with protein/fiber packed beans, rice, BBQ sauce and ranch…
These Pulled Artichoke BBQ Sliders are the perfect summer burger. Artichokes have a “meaty” texture that when combined with BBQ sauce is truly mouth watering.
Today we are embracing the beginning of the BBQ season with a summer staple. Pulled Artichoke BBQ Sliders. It sounds weird, but stay with me here.
Artichoke hearts strangely have a meaty texture. AND when cooked up with some BBQ sauce they get super tender and yummy. You obviously want to make sure to not get marinated hearts (we want BBQ sauce to be the only flavor going on here). And you’ll also want to rinse them thoroughly and dry them off before cooking.
To give these little sammies a little crunch we are also going to whip up a kick homemade slaw.
I opted for broccoli slaw instead of the traditional cabbage mix. Because, why not? It is super crunchy and really tasty. You could totally swap it for cabbage mix if that’s more up your alley.
To make the slaw you’ll just need to combine your broccoli slaw with some vegan mayo, apple cider vinegar, salt and pepper. Stir everything together and put it in the fridge for at least 20 minutes before eating.
I found these super cute (and tasty) pretzel slider buns at Whole Foods, but you can swap them out for the bread of your choice. But, if you can find pretzel buns, I totally recommend it.
These sliders are perfect for a BBQ. Make the hearts and slaw ahead of time and then reheat and assemble when you are ready to eat. Eat one for a tasty snack or grab a few for a full meal.
More of a visual person? Check out the video:
Pulled Artichoke BBQ Sliders
- 2 cups broccoli slaw or cabbage slaw
- 1/3 cup vegan mayo
- 2 tbsp apple cider vinegar
- salt & pepper to taste
- 1 tsp sugar optional
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 2 15 oz cans artichoke hearts
- 1 cup BBQ sauce
- 6-8 slider buns
- Drain and thoroughly rinse artichoke hearts. Remove artichoke stems so just the "leaves" remain. Dry completely with a clean kitchen towel.
- Heat olive oil in a pan over medium heat. Add artichoke hearts to the pan and sauté for 3 minutes. Pour BBQ sauce into the pan and stir to combine. Sauté for an additional 5-10 minutes, or until BBQ sauce has reduced.
- Toast your buns. Top each bun with a scoop of artichoke hearts and a scoop of coleslaw.
- Serve immediately.
This post may contain affiliate links. If you click on one and make a purchase I will receive a small percentage of the sale. Please know I would never link a product unless I have personally used it and loved it!