This Vegan Sun-Dried Tomato Pesto is a simple and savory sauce that can be used…
This Creamy Vegan Sun-Dried Tomato, Chickpea, Hummus Spaghetti is a simple dinner recipe that is filling, comforting and delicious!
This pasta is one of those one-stop shop kinda dinners. A super simple and creamy sauce comes together in 10 minutes – which is the same amount of time you need to cook up some spaghetti.
Combine everything together and eat – it is really that simple.
I have shared a couple photos of this recipe on my Instagram – because I have literally been eating this at least once a week. It is perfect when you are craving pasta, but don’t want to feel too heavy afterwards.
The base of this sauce is garlic, sun-dried tomatoes, cherry tomatoes and a few seasonings. Once everything is soft, add in the chickpeas, spinach, hummus and hot pasta water and BAM…you have your sauce.
Toss the sauce with your spaghetti (or pasta of choice) and you are ready to eat.
This pasta is great – you get your greens from the spinach, fiber/protein from the chickpeas and a lighter comforting creamy sauce by using hummus instead of traditional cream sauce ingredients.
If you have been craving pasta, but haven’t wanted to indulge too much, this is your dish!
Creamy Vegan Sun-Dried Tomato, Chickpea, Hummus Spaghetti
- 8 oz spaghetti dry
- 1 tsp olive oil
- 3 cloves garlic diced
- 1/4 cup sun-dried tomatoes, packed in oil drained and roughly chopped
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes cut in half
- 1 tsp oregano
- salt & pepper to taste
- red pepper flakes to taste, optional
- 1 15-ounce can chickpeas drained and rinsed
- 8 oz frozen spinach thawed and drained
- 1/2 cup hummus* plus more to taste
- 1 cup pasta water use as needed
- 4 large basil leaves chopped
- Bring a large pot of water to a boil. Add pasta and cook according to package instructions.
- While pasta is cooking, heat olive oil in a pan over medium heat.
- Add the garlic, sun-dried tomatoes, cherry tomatoes, oregano, a pinch of salt & pepper and red pepper flakes to the pan. Sauté until cherry tomatoes start to soften (approx. 3 minutes). Add chickpeas and spinach to the pan and stir until combined.
- Drain pasta, reserving 1 cup of the pasta water.
- Add hummus and a 1/2 cup of the pasta water to the sauce pan. Stir until everything is combined.
- Add pasta to the sauce and toss together. If you want it more creamy, you can add additional hummus and/or pasta water. Taste and adjust seasonings as needed.
- Top with fresh basil and serve immediately.**
This post may contain affiliate links. If you click on one and make a purchase I will receive a small percentage of the sale. Please know I would never link a product unless I have personally used it and loved it!