These Vegan White Bean Tacos with Jalapeño Cilantro Sauce are filled with spicy white beans, pre-made slaw and a delicious green sauce.
It may not be Tuesday, but we today we are making tacos - because Taco Thursday should be a thing. Tacos are definitely a staple in my house and something I could eat every night of the week.
These tacos are one of my favorites to make later in the week when I have just a few ingredients left in my fridge that I am trying to use up.
Because even though there aren't a lot of ingredients in this recipe, the combination of everything together makes for one tasty taco.
To make the base of these tacos, you are going to sauté some red onion and jalapeño in a pan with canned white beans and your favorite salsa.
TSV TIP: I have been OBSESSED with the Trader Joe's Pepita Salsa lately and that is what I used in this recipe. It is in no way traditional, but it is super tasty!
And I know lots of you are going to have some of my Jalapeño Cilantro Sauce leftover in your fridge already. I shared this recipe a couple weeks ago, and you have all been telling me how much you love it. If you don't have any leftover, don't worry, it only takes a few minutes to whip up.
Warm up your tortillas (either over an open flame or in the microwave) and load them up with beans, slaw and Jalapeño Cilantro Sauce. Top each taco with more fresh cilantro and a lime wedge.
So many levels of flavor in such a small package. You will want to have the ingredients for these tacos on hand at all times for quick, tasty dinners.
Vegan White Bean Tacos with Jalapeño Cilantro
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- ½ red onion diced
- 1 jalapeño diced
- 15 oz can white beans drained and rinsed
- ¼ cup salsa plus more to taste
- Jalapeño Cilantro Sauce*
- 8 corn tortillas
- 1-2 cups pre-made slaw
- cilantro, lime wedges for serving
- Heat the olive oil in a pan over medium heat. Add the red onion and jalapeño to the pan and sauté until onions are softened (approx. 5 minutes).
- Add white beans and salsa** to the pan and cook until heated through.
- While the beans are heating, prepare the Jalapeño Cilantro Sauce according to the instructions. Set aside until ready to use.
- Heat tortillas over an open flame or in the microwave.
- To assemble add white beans and slaw to each tortilla. Drizzle with Jalapeño Cilantro Sauce and serve with cilantro and lime wedges.
This post may contain affiliate links. If you click on one and make a purchase I will receive a small percentage of the sale. Please know I would never link a product unless I have personally used it and loved it!
Made these tonight using TJs Pepita Salsa. Delicious and very quick to prepare. Thanks for sharing the recipe. It's going to become part of our regular dinner rotation.
Yessss! So glad you tried it with the pepita salsa - it's one of my faves! 🙌
Super easy weeknight meal! I used Trader Joe’s salsa verde and added radishes for a crunch on top.
Yum! Love an extra crunch!
Made these a few times now and love them. Highly recommend the Trader Joe's Pepita Salsa - I did not have it once when I made them and was not as good without it.
OMG - that stuff is so good. Seriously addicting!