These White Bean Buffalo Tacos are filled with poblano peppers, salsa verde, white beans & buffalo sauce. Served with a creamy vegan cilantro sauce!
These White Bean Buffalo Tacos are such an easy weeknight dinner. They are ready in 30 minutes, have the perfect amount of spice, are loaded with veggies and served with a super easy yogurt cilantro sauce! There's nothing better than a taco night at home!
How to Make the Yogurt Cilantro Sauce
This yogurt cilantro sauce is a go-to at my house. It is simple, delicious and packs the perfect kick.
Add all of the ingredients to a food processor - non-dairy yogurt, cilantro, garlic, jalapeño, apple cider vinegar and dry seasonings. Doesn't get much easier than that. You could also use vegan mayo, but I love the tang that you get with yogurt. If you do sub vegan mayo, I would omit the salt since mayo already has salt in it.
How to Make the Tacos
Now that the sauce is taken care of, let's talk tacos. Heat some oil in a skillet and add the onion, poblano and dry seasonings. Let this cook down for a couple of minutes. The veggies should be starting to get tender.
Add a can of white beans, buffalo sauce and salsa verde - you can buy the salsa verde pre-made or make it yourself! Let this cook for a few more minutes, then use a wooden spoon to gently mash some of the beans.
To assemble the tacos, grab some tortillas (I used flour), add some filling to each one and gently close them up. Heat some oil in a skillet - no need to go overboard here, I used an avocado oil spray to just coat the skillet. Cook the tacos until browned on both sides. You will need to work in batches.
How to Serve
Once all of the tacos are cooked, it is time to eat! I like to serve these with chopped romaine, more cilantro and lime wedges. And, of course, that creamy yogurt cilantro sauce. Dip away!
These tacos are perfectly spicy, super crispy and the weeknight dinner you'll have on repeat!
Need More Recipe Inspo? Check these Out!
Did you Make this Recipe?
If you made these White Bean Buffalo Tacos I would LOVE to hear what you thought. Be sure to drop a comment and a rating below! You can also tag me on social media if you snapped a photo. I LOVE seeing your recreations!
White Bean Buffalo Tacos
- 1 tablespoon oil plus more for frying
- ½ yellow onion diced
- 1 poblano pepper deseeded and diced
- ½ teaspoon smoked paprika
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- ¼ teaspoon cumin
- ¼ teaspoon pepper
- 1 15-ounce can white beans drained and rinsed
- ¼ cup salsa verde
- ⅓ cup buffalo sauce
- 8 taco-sized tortillas I used flour
- romaine, cilantro, lime wedges for serving
FOR THE CILANTRO SAUCE
- ½ bunch cilantro
- 1 jalapeño chopped
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- ½ cup non-dairy yogurt or vegan mayo
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- ½ teaspoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon dried chives
- salt to taste
- Add all of the sauce ingredients to a food processor and blend until smooth. Taste and adjust seasonings as needed. Set aside.
- Heat the oil in a skillet and add the onion, poblano and dry seasonings. Cook down for a couple of minutes, stirring frequently. Add the beans, salsa verde and buffalo sauce. Stir to combine and simmer for about 5 minutes. gently mash some of the beans and remove from the heat.
- Add some of the bean mixture to each tortilla and fold to close.
- Heat a little oil* in a skillet and fry each taco until browned on both sides - working in batches. Serve hot with the cilantro sauce, and any optional toppings.
Leave a Reply