These Vegan Cherry Tomato Ricotta Flatbreads are simple to make, easier to eat and perfect for a quick dinner or party appetizer.
I know what you're thinking...WHERE HAVE ALL THE PIZZA RECIPES BEEN?!?
It has been a hot minute since I have shared a pizza recipe so this one is long overdue. Luckily you have been sustained with my other pizza recipes - Roasted Cauliflower Buffalo Pizza, Spring Greens Pesto Pizza, Roasted Cauliflower Chipotle Pizza and Spicy Habanero Potato Pizza.
And even though I haven't shared a pizza recipe in a while, have no fear. My pizza making skills are still intact and I know that you are going to love this one.
How to make Vegan Cherry Tomato Ricotta Flatbreads
Instead of doing a full blown pizza, I decided to break the dough up and make these into flatbreads. What's the best part about a flatbread? It is easy to share.
These make the best party appetizer (hello, holiday parties) or keep one all to yourself for a filling dinner.
Now, onto the toppings. And I'm not going to lie, we don't really need that many to make this flatbread tasty. Tomatoes, artichokes, garlic and spinach are sautéed until juicy and tender. Then they are loaded up on the flatbreads with some vegan ricotta before being baked until crisp.
If you haven't tried vegan ricotta, I cannot recommend it enough. It is light and fluffy just like the original stuff and it is super yummy. You can find it in many stores and there are also a ton of homemade recipes online. For the sake of time, I bought mine pre-made.
Once everything is out of the oven, slice it up and call it a day. This recipe is so so easy, but tastes like you're a gourmet chef.
Vegan Cherry Tomato Ricotta Flatbreads
- 16 oz pre-made pizza dough divided in two
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 4 cloves garlic roughly chopped
- 10 oz cherry tomatoes cut in half
- ⅓ cup artichoke hearts chopped
- ¼ cup sun-dried tomatoes chopped
- 1 teaspoon red wine vinegar
- splash of white wine optional
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- pepper to taste
- 1 cup baby spinach
- 8 oz vegan ricotta separated
- Place dough on a cornmeal dusted cutting board. Allow to come to room temperature (approx. 60 minutes). Cut in half.
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees.
- Spray a baking sheet with non-stick spray. Spread each piece of dough out until they are your desired thickness. Place in the oven for 10 minutes.
- While dough is baking, heat olive oil in a pan over medium heat. Add garlic, cherry tomatoes, sun-dried tomatoes and artichoke hearts to the pan. Sauté until cherry tomatoes begin to burst.
- Add red wine vinegar, white wine, oregano, pepper and spinach to the pan and stir to combine. Once spinach is wilted remove the pan from the heat.
- Remove the dough from the oven. Spread 2 oz of ricotta over each crust. Split the tomato mixture between each flatbread and spread evenly. Return the flatbreads to the oven and cook for an additional 5-7 minutes.
- Remove from the oven, top with additional crumbled ricotta, slice and serve.
This post may contain affiliate links. If you click on one and make a purchase I will receive a small percentage of the sale. Please know I would never link a product unless I have personally used it and loved it!
[…] Vegan Cherry Tomato Ricotta Flatbreads […]