Step up Pizza Friday with this Vegan Pesto Pizza with Balsamic Glaze. It is fresh,…
A fresh mix of flavors and veggies comes together with this Spring Greens Pesto Pizza. A crunchy crust, fresh pesto, sun-dried tomatoes, chickpeas, asparagus, peas and arugula make a light vegan pizza!
This edition of Pizza Friday is one of my new faves! Spring Greens Pesto Pizza. We’re basically taking all of the best flavors of spring and putting them on a pizza.
And we all know anything is better when it comes in pizza form.
You can use your favorite vegan pesto sauce for the base of the pizza. If you’re looking for inspo, I have a couple recipes that you can get here and here. I also like the Kale Pesto from Trader Joe’s – it is in the refrigerator section and 100% vegan.
For the veggie toppings we are working with sun-dried tomatoes, asparagus and peas. I went for sun-dried tomatoes packed in oil (rather than the dry ones). These will add a ton of flavor and a great bite.
And when choosing your asparagus, I would go for thin over thick stalks. This will allow you to add more to the pizza and they will cook thoroughly with all of the other toppings.
In addition to veggies, we are adding some chickpeas to the mix. Mostly because they go well with all of the flavors going on, but also because they add some “meaty” texture. I just love me some chickpeas!
And last but not least, we are adding fresh arugula (and a little more pesto) to the top of the pie – but not until after it comes out of the oven. This will keep the arugula nice and crunchy. Because this pizza is all about combing fresh flavors and different textures for the perfect bite all the way through.
Spring Greens Pesto Pizza
- 16 oz pre-made pizza dough
- 1/4 cup vegan pesto plus more for topping
- 1/4 cup sun-dried tomatoes packed in oil drained
- 1/3 cup chickpeas skins removed
- 8-12 stalks asparagus*
- 1/4 cup peas
- 1/2 cup arugula
- 1 lemon zested
- Place dough on a cornmeal dusted cutting board. Allow to come to room temperature (approx. 60 minutes).
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees.
- Spray a 16" round baking sheet (or baking sheet of choice) with non-stick spray. Place dough on the sheet and stretch to desired shape.
- Spread 1/4 cup of pesto (or more if needed) evenly over the dough, then top with sun-dried tomatoes, chickpeas, asparagus and peas. Place in the oven for 12-20 minutes, or until crust is brown and crispy.
- Remove from the oven and top with arugula, lemon zest and additional pesto (to taste). Slice, serve and enjoy!
This post may contain affiliate links. If you click on one and make a purchase I will receive a small percentage of the sale. Please know I would never link a product unless I have personally used it and loved it!