This Vegan Potato Habanero White Pizza is the perfect balance of spice and creaminess. Topped with thin potato slices and red onion.
Did anyone order me a plain cheese?"
This is the quote that runs through my head every time I have pizza. (I hope you all know what movie it is from - it is my all time favorite!).
I may not be ordering cheese pizza anymore, but I am eating lots of noteworthy pizzas.
And this Vegan Potato Habanero White Pizza is up there on the list.
The sauce is made with vegan cream cheese and fresh garlic.
This gives it a creamy "cheesy" texture and is the perfect base for the rest of the toppings.
The trick with the toppings is cutting everything super thin (I used a mandolin, but if you have fancy knife skills you could hand cut them).
By keeping the potatoes and onions thin, it allows them to cook all the way through and get a little crispy.
And as for the habaneros. If you've never had one, they are definitely on the spicy side.
Add them to the pizza at your taste level.
If you love spice, pile them on, and if you like a little less spice use them sparingly.
The white sauce acts as a great balance to the spice of the peppers.
And don't get me started on vegan parmesan. It is a must have on this pizza and in my house in general.
Vegan Potato Habanero White Pizza
- 1 package pre-made pizza dough 16 oz.
- 1 tsp. olive oil
- 1 clove garlic diced
- 8 oz. vegan cream cheese
- salt and pepper to taste
- 2 red potatoes sliced thin*
- red onion sliced thin, to taste
- 2-4 habaneros diced
- vegan parmesan to taste
- garlic powder to taste
- cilantro for topping (optional)
- One hour before you want to cook the pizza, place the dough on a flour-dusted countertop.
- Preheat oven to 475 degrees.
- Heat olive oil in a pan over medium heat. Add garlic, cream cheese, salt and pepper and saute until the garlic is fragrant, the cream cheese is smooth and everything is combined.
- Spray a 16" round baking sheet (or baking sheet of choice) with non-stick spray. Place dough on the sheet and stretch to desired shape. Add cream cheese sauce and spread evenly, leaving an inch of crust along the border.
- Top with potatoes, red onions and habaneros. Sprinkle entire pizza with some vegan parmesan and garlic powder and place in the oven for 12-17 minutes, or until crust is brown and crispy.
- Remove from the oven, top with cilantro, slice and serve. Enjoy!
This post may contain affiliate links. If you click on one and make a purchase I will receive a small percentage of the sale. Please know I would never link a product unless I have personally used it and loved it!