This Vegan Buffalo Chicken Pasta Salad is the perfect cold side dish. Crunchy veggies, charred vegan chicken and a zesty buffalo dressing!
It's no secret I love a good pasta salad. From my Southwest Pasta Salad to my Vegan BLT Pasta Salad, I feel like there are unlimited options when it comes to making a tasty vegan pasta salad. And this one is now at the top of my list. Like I could say no to anything with buffalo sauce in it!
How to make the buffalo dressing
The buffalo dressing I used in this recipe is basically a vegan buffalo ranch. It is a super simple combo of vegan mayo, buffalo sauce, garlic powder, onion powder, smoked paprika and pepper.
Add everything to a bowl and give it a good whisk. This dressing is tangy, creamy and a tiny bit spicy. It is the perfect combo!
How to make Vegan Buffalo Chicken Pasta Salad
Once the dressing is made, it is time to cook the pasta and prep the veggies. Cook the pasta until al dente, drain it and give it a rinse with cold water.
Next, add some olive oil to a pan and brown the vegan chicken with a pinch of pepper. It should only take a couple of minutes per side. Remove from the heat and set aside.
To assemble, add everything (except the dressing) to a large bowl and toss to combine. Cover and place in the fridge for 30 minutes.
How to serve Vegan Buffalo Chicken Pasta Salad
When you are ready to serve, add the dressing to the pasta and give everything a good toss.
I like to top everything off with a little more pepper and some more chopped cilantro. This isn't an overly dressed salad - just the perfect amount to get some creamy sauce in each bite.
Need more recipe inspo? Check these out:
Vegan Buffalo Chicken Pasta Salad
FOR THE BUFFALO DRESSING
- ⅔ cup vegan mayo
- ⅓ cup buffalo sauce
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- ½ teaspoon onion powder
- ½ teaspoon smoked paprika
- ½ teaspoon pepper
FOR THE SALAD
- 12 oz pasta shells dry
- olive oil
- 6 oz vegan chicken
- 1 large carrot shredded
- 2 stalks celery diced
- ½ red onion thinly sliced
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes halved
- 2 tablespoon parsley chopped
- 2 tablespoon cilantro chopped
- Combine the dressing ingredients in a bowl and whisk to combine. Cover and place in the fridge.
- Bring a pot of water to a boil and cook the pasta according to the package instructions. Drain and rinse with cold water.
- Meanwhile prep the veggies and cook the vegan chicken. Heat some olive oil in a pan over medium heat. Add the vegan chicken and a pinch of pepper. Cook until browned on both sides. Remove from the heat and set aside.
- To assemble, add the pasta, vegan chicken, carrot, celery, red onion, cherry tomatoes, parsley & cilantro to a large bowl. Toss to combine, cover and place in the fridge for 30 minutes.
- When you are ready to serve, add the dressing to the pasta and toss to combine. Top with more cilantro and pepper.
This post may contain affiliate links. If you click on one and make a purchase I will receive a small percentage of the sale. Please know I would never link a product unless I have personally used it and loved it!