These BBQ Tempeh Tacos with Vegan Ranch are filled with crispy tempeh, avocado salsa, homemade…
A 20 minute dinner that will have you going back for seconds – these Buffalo Chickpea Tacos with Vegan Ranch are simple & delicious.
It is not only the first day of the new year, it is also the first Taco Tuesday of the new year. And you know I had to kick off 2019 with something extra delicious.
My Buffalo Cauliflower Taco recipe is literally my most popular recipe on TSV. But sometimes you just don’t have 30 minutes to roast veggies. And that is where this recipe comes in.
You get all of the same great flavors, but in half the amount of time…score!
TSV TIP: My go-to brands for this recipe are Frank’s Red Hot Sauce (the original, not the “wing” version), and Just Ranch.
I prefer to eat these tacos with flour tortillas. They hold up well and just work nicely with all of the flavors. You can swap them for corn if you prefer.
Believe me when I say this is going to be one of your go-to recipes!
Buffalo Chickpea Tacos with Vegan Ranch
- olive oil
- 2 15 oz can chickpeas drained and rinsed
- 2 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp chili powder
- 1/2-1 cup buffalo sauce
- 8 taco-sized flour tortillas
- 2 cups spinach
- 1 red onion thinly sliced
- vegan ranch
- cilantro to taste
- 1 lime
- Heat a small amount of oil in a pan over medium heat. Add the chickpeas, garlic powder and chili powder to the pan. Cook for 2-3 minutes. Add the buffalo sauce to the pan – start with 1/2 cup and add more to taste. Continue to cook for 5 minutes, or until the sauce has reduced. Remove the pan from the heat.
- Heat the tortillas in the microwave or over an open flame.
- To assemble the tacos, layer spinach, chickpeas, red onion, vegan ranch and cilantro on each tortilla. Squeeze lime juice over top and serve.
This post may contain affiliate links. If you click on one and make a purchase I will receive a small percentage of the sale. Please know I would never link a product unless I have personally used it and loved it!