These Sheet Pan Harissa Cauliflower Rice Bowls are a burst of flavors. From the roasted chickpeas & cauliflower rice to the marinated kale. This recipe is a great healthy dinner!
One of my favorite ways to cook up a quick weeknight dinner is throwing everything on a sheet pan, giving it a mix and letting the oven do the rest. Easy clean-up and a tasty meal. That’s what I’m talking about. Serve up this crispy cauliflower and chickpeas over marinated kale with avocado slices, pickled onions and plenty of cilantro. A great weeknight dinner!
How to make Sheet Pan Harissa Cauliflower Rice Bowls
The first thing you want to do is add the cauliflower rice, chickpeas, shallots & all the spices to a baking sheet. Give everything a good toss and place it in the oven. Let it cook for 20 minutes, give it a stir then pop it back in for 10 more minutes. Before removing, I like to turn the broiler on for a couple of minutes to give the top layer a nice crunch.
While that is happening, prepare the dressing & the kale. The key to tasty kale is marinating it. So, for this recipe, we are making a mustard/lime dressing that is tart, sweet & a little spicy. Mix all of the dressing ingredients in a bowl, then add 1/2 of it to the kale. Go in with your (very clean) hands and massage that kale, baby. It should look tender after about a minute. Place it in the fridge until the cauliflower mixture is done roasting.
How to serve Sheet Pan Harissa Cauliflower Rice Bowls
To assemble, layer the kale into each bowl and top with a big spoonful of the cauliflower mixture. Spoon over some of the leftover dressing and serve with avocado slices, pickled onions, lime wedges and a healthy handful of chopped cilantro.
These also make great make ahead lunches. Since kale is so sturdy (even after being marinated) this can be made ahead of time and stored in individual containers. The cauliflower mixture can be reheated or eaten cold. Lots of great options!
Need more recipe inspo? Check these out:
Sheet Pan Harissa Cauliflower Rice Bowls
FOR THE CAULIFLOWER RICE
- 16 oz cauliflower rice
- 1 15-ounce can chickpeas drained and rinsed
- 1 shallot sliced
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1/2 tsp oregano
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp onion powder
- 2 tbsp harissa paste
- 1 tbsp tomato paste
- pinch of salt & pepper
FOR THE DRESSING
- 1/4 cup water
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1 lime zest & juice
- 2 tbsp agave or maple syrup
- 2 tbsp spicy mustard
- salt & pepper to taste
FOR THE BOWLS
- 4 cups kale hard stems removed
- 2 avocados
- pickled onions
- lime wedges and cilantro
- Preheat the oven to 425 degrees. Add all of the cauliflower rice ingredients to a baking sheet and toss to combine. Place in the oven and bake for 20 minutes. Stir and cook for another 10 minutes. Turn the oven to broil and cook for another 2-3 minutes, or until the top layer gets a slight char.
- Meanwhile, combine the dressing ingredients in a bowl and stir to combine. Taste and adjust seasonings as needed. Place the kale in a large bowl and add 1/2 the dressing. Use your hands to massage the kale for 1 minute. Place in the fridge until ready to serve.
- To serve, layer each bowl with kale and top with the cauliflower rice, avocado, pickled onions & cilantro. Drizzle the remaining dressing over top and serve with lime wedges.
This post may contain affiliate links. If you click on one and make a purchase I will receive a small percentage of the sale. Please know I would never link a product unless I have personally used it and loved it!