These Crispy Cauliflower Rice Tacos are layered with flavor - chipotle walnut taco "meat", refried beans, crispy shells and vegan ranch!
I don't know what else to say about these tacos other than they are freaking delicious. The "meat" is a flavor-packed combo of cauliflower rice, crushed walnuts, and seasonings. The tortillas get an extra dose of flavor by being dunked in enchilada sauce before being layered with refried beans & taco "meat" and fried until crispy. Served up with my favorite vegan jalapeño ranch. Doesn't get better than that.
How to make Crispy Cauliflower Rice Tacos
Start off by making the taco "meat". It is made up of cauliflower rice, crushed walnuts, taco seasoning, chipotle peppers, onion & a splash of enchilada sauce. Once everything is combined, lay it out on a baking sheet and roast for 30 minutes, flipping halfway.
Meanwhile, prep the dipping sauce by adding all of the ingredients to a food processor. Set aside and get your dipping station set up.
Before frying the tacos, the tortillas are going to get a dip into some red enchilada sauce. It gives the outside of the taco an extra crispy layer. It is a must!
How to fry Crispy Cauliflower Rice Tacos
You have a couple options when it comes to frying the tacos - and sorry, no baking instructions for this one.
You can either use a really good non-stick skillet and only use a light layer of oil. OR you can use any other type of skillet and add a thicker layer of oil. This will keep the tacos from sticking to the bottom and will give you a crispier taco. It is up to you - choose your own path.
Dip one side of a warm corn tortilla into some enchilada sauce. Place the tortilla in the hot pan - sauce-side down. To one side, spread some refried bean and a spoonful of the taco "meat". Use the spatula to close the tortilla and fry until slightly crispy on both sides. Remove from the pan and repeat with the remaining tacos. I did two tacos at a time.
How to serve Crispy Cauliflower Rice Tacos
These tacos can easily be reheated on the stove or in the air fryer.
Need more recipe inspo? Check these out:
Crispy Cauliflower Rice Tacos
FOR THE CAULIFLOWER WALNUT TACO "MEAT"
- 1 cup walnuts
- ½ yellow onion roughly chopped
- 2 chipotle peppers in adobo or to taste
- 1 packet taco seasoning
- 3 cups cauliflower rice
- 2 tablespoon red enchilada sauce
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
FOR THE JALAPEÑO RANCH
FOR THE TACOS
- 12 corn tortillas*
- 1 15-ounce can vegan refried beans**
- red enchilada sauce
- oil for frying
- cilantro, lime wedges for serving
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees and grease a baking sheet. Add the walnuts, onion, chipotle peppers and taco seasoning to a food processor. Pulse until combined. Transfer the walnut mixture to a large bowl with the rest of the taco "meat" ingredients and toss to combine. Spread out on the baking sheet and bake for 30 minutes, flipping halfway.
- Meanwhile, prepare the jalapeño ranch. Combine all of the ingredients in a food processor or blender and pulse until combined. Set aside.
- Heat some oil in a pan*** over medium heat. Pour some enchilada sauce in a bowl. Dip one side of a warm tortilla in the enchilada sauce and place it in the pan, sauce-side down. Spread some refried beans on one half of the tortilla and top with a spoonful of the cauliflower taco "meat". Use the spatula to fold the tortilla over the beans/cauliflower and cook until slightly crispy on both sides.**** Remove from the pan and repeat with the remaining ingredients.
- Serve with cilantro, lime wedges and the jalapeño ranch.
This post may contain affiliate links. If you click on one and make a purchase I will receive a small percentage of the sale. Please know I would never link a product unless I have personally used it and loved it!