Spice up your next lunch with these Curried Chickpea Salad Sandwiches. The perfect amount of creaminess and spice on toasted sourdough.
And today we’re keeping the texture of those other recipes, but totally changing up the flavor.
Curry powder is the star of the show and what makes these sandwiches extra special. If you have never worked with curry powder before, I would start with a little, then add more to taste.
It has a strong flavor – which I love. Plus it adds some spice without going over the top.
This is a great make ahead meal – make it the night before then have it for lunch the next day. Just note that the avocado may start to brown slightly after sitting overnight. Don’t worry, it will still taste amazing.
I love adding some greenery to this sandwich for some extra crunch. I went with arugula, but you could use spinach or even lettuce.
Curried Chickpea Salad Sandwiches
- 15 oz can chickpeas drained and rinsed
- 2 tbsp vegan mayo
- 1 avocado diced
- 1/4 red onion finely diced
- 2 tbsp cilantro chopped
- 1/2 tsp yellow curry powder or more to taste
- garlic salt to taste
- pepper to taste
- 1/2 lemon juiced
- 4 slices sourdough bread or bread of choice
- Add chickpeas, mayo and avocado to a bowl. Use a fork to roughly mash everything together.
- Add red onion, cilantro, curry powder, garlic salt, pepper and lemon juice to the bowl and stir to combine. Taste and adjust seasoning as needed.
- Place the chickpea mixture in the fridge to cool for at least 30 minutes.
- Toast bread and divide the chickpea mixture between two slices of bread. Top with arugula and the remaining slices of bread.
- Cut in half and enjoy!
This post may contain affiliate links. If you click on one and make a purchase I will receive a small percentage of the sale. Please know I would never link a product unless I have personally used it and loved it!