We are one day into Spring, so I figured I should just throw every green…
This Green Goddess Sandwich is the ultimate lunch. Packed full of smashed chickpeas, avocado, vegan mayo, red onion and jalapeño.
Guys, I have a new obsession.
Like, make it once a day, think about it when I’m not eating it, kind of obsession.
And it is this Green Goddess Sandwich!
It is seriously one of the BEST things I’ve ever eaten.
The flavor combo is just eve-ry-thing. And you may think I’m talking this sandwich up a little too much.
But I swear, I’m not.
Now that I’ve expressed my undying love for this sandwich, let’s talk about how to make it.
First thing is chickpeas.
Chickpeas are packed full of protein, healthy fats and fiber. Everything you could want or need in a healthy sandwich.
You can cook these from scratch or buy them in a can (I always go for the easier, canned option). The only extra step you need to take when using the canned version is removing the skins. I find the easiest way to do this is to put your rinsed chickpeas between 2 paper towels and rub them around. The skins will easily drop off.
Once your chickpeas are ready, combine them with the avocado and get to mashing.
Now that the base of the sandwich is ready to go.
Add everything else to the bowl and fold it in.
Taste and adjust to your liking before placing everything between some toasted bread.
I like to add some greens if I have them on hand for an extra crunch. But if you don’t have em then skip em.
Now excuse me while I go whip one of these bad boys up.
Green Goddess Sandwich
- 4 slices bread of choice
- 1/2 cup chickpeas drained, rinsed & skins removed*
- 1 avocado skin & pit removed
- 1/4 cup red onion finely diced
- 2 tbsp jalapeño finely diced
- 2 tsp vegan mayo optional**
- 1-2 tsp yellow mustard to taste
- pinch of garlic salt
- black pepper to taste***
- tabasco to taste
- spinach, lettuce or arugula optional
- Toast bread.
- Combine chickpeas and avocado in a bowl. Mash with a fork until desired consistency is reached.
- Add remaining ingredients (other than greens) and fold them in. Taste and adjust seasonings to taste.
- Split chickpea mixture between 2 slices of bread. Top with greens (if using) followed by remaining bread slices.
- Serve and enjoy!
This post may contain affiliate links. If you click on one and make a purchase I will receive a small percentage of the sale. Please know I would never link a product unless I have personally used it and loved it!