Perfect vegan lunch or quick dinner - these Smashed Chickpea Salad Wraps require no cooking and are totally delicious. Easy to make and even easier to eat.
I know it is only mid-July, but Fall will be here before we know it. I mean schools are back in session in just a couple weeks (remember the days when you didn't go back to school until after Labor Day?!?). So to get us all ready for the back to school season I will be bringing you a new wrap recipe every week for the next few weeks. Think easy and delicious...let's make lunch cool again, one vegan wrap at a time.
Today we're kicking things off with one of my all time favorite sandwich/wrap fillings - smashed chickpea salad. Essentially all of the flavors of chicken salad without any of the gross chicken 🙂
A lot of recipes for chickpea salad call for a ridiculous amount of vegan mayo. But in my opinion, I think you can achieve the same flavor and texture by using a small amount of vegan mayo and subbing the rest for avocado. Still totally creamy and delicious, but way more healthy fats going on.
A big thing to remember with this recipe is that it is adaptable to your taste. The measurements are just a guideline. I personally love a TON of pepper and a TON of hot sauce. I need my nose to tingle after eating this. So taste as you go and adjust to your liking.
This is the perfect make ahead lunch. Make a batch on Sunday and put your wraps together each morning. Quick, easy and delicious!
Want a similar recipe in sandwich form? Check out my Green Goddess Sandwich!
More of a visual person? Watch the video:
Smashed Chickpea Salad Wraps
- 15 oz can chickpeas drained, rinsed & skins removed
- 1 avocado
- 2 tbsp vegan mayo
- 2 tsp yellow mustard
- ¼ red onion diced
- 1 small jalapeño diced
- pinch of garlic salt
- pepper to taste
- hot sauce to taste, I used tabasco
- 2 large tortillas
- Combine chickpeas and avocado in a bowl. Smash with a fork until desired consistency is reached - I personally like it to be mostly creamy with a few chickpea chunks.
- Add mayo, mustard, red onion, jalapeño, garlic salt, pepper and tabasco to the bowl and stir to combine. Taste and adjust seasonings as needed.
- To assemble, spread half of the chickpea mixture down the center of each tortilla. Top with spinach and wrap up like a burrito.
- Cut in half and serve.*
This post may contain affiliate links. If you click on one and make a purchase I will receive a small percentage of the sale. Please know I would never link a product unless I have personally used it and loved it!